Narrabeen beach donut 15/01/14

reubs

Morning all,

Headed out to narrabeen beach last night as it looked like one of those nights where the stars would align in my favour but how wrong I was..left home about 7:30 headed to the tackle shop to grab some bait..$20 of hawkesbury squid, a 1kg bag of iqf pillies, some snelled gang hook rigs, some tuna oil, two loaves of white bread and a redbull to wash it all down and off to the beach it was..as my mate and I carried all 6 rods over the dune to the beach we were met with howling winds to the face and some pretty rough surf but after travelling all the way and buying all the bait and lugging it all up the dune at the northern end near the lakes entrance it was time to at least have a go.. My new live liner was setup with two ball sinkers and a triple gang with a whole pilly on it and was sent out into the darkness only to get dragged up the beach and washed ashore..much like everything else we threw out..

The structure of the beach has changed a lot I think but it looked like no one was catching anything either..

Again I'm a beach fishing noob so if anyone has any recommendations of another spot and or rig I should try that would be much appreciated. The other rigs I used were paternosters one with a single 4/0 suicide hook and the other with two 3/0 penetrator hooks but not even a bite for the whole night :( we pulled stumps at about 11 and headed home with some bait to put in the freezer

Tight lines

Reubs

If you park in Emerald st and walk straight down to the water there is usually a gutter there.

If your bait is washing to the side you are usually in a bit of a rip that is sucking out to one side, try moving in the direction it is sucking and try fishing where it stops moving.

You want a little bit of movement so the bait looks natural.

also check out the wind before you go - it's not so pleasant to fish with a gale blowing onto or along the beach (but fine if it's blowing off shore) so if it's really blowing, try to hit a beach where the wind will be at your back or blocked by a headland.