Hand held spot led spotlights

longy509

Hi just wondering if anyone is using hand held led spotlights for boating of a night if so how do they go with distance /reflection etc there are some on ebay for around the $100 mark rechargable/12v 10w cree

Thanks

Longy

Lumens:

500 Lumens

Run Time:

6.5 Hours

Beam Distance:

282 Meters

Water Resistant:

Yes IPX4

Drop Test:

1 Meter

LED Type:

3 - XPE Q5

Batteries:

Rechargeable 41-0796 Q6

Product Material:

Plastic

Product Dimensions:

7.4" L x 4.00" W

Stands:

9" tall

Bezel/Head Dimensions:

4.5 "

Package Dimensions:

10.5" L x 5.75" W x 12.5" H

Product Weight:

3.8 lbs

Available Color(s):

Gray with Black Trim/Yellow and black trim

Switch:

Trigger switch with lock control

Additional Features:

Battery saver technology, 6.5 hours run time, locking trigger switch, AC Charger, DC Charger

It is 500 Lumens, you can use it while charging but I never have. Hold the charge quite well.

Not sure about the reflection, I normally use it to check for buoys and rock edges. But I find it good. Goes good long distance.

+1 I also have this same spot light. It is extremely bright and shines straight over 100m.

Charging is good too, as it will automatically stop charging when its full. I.e. the red led charge light will switch off when full.

Guest Aussie007

i use a standard LED dolphin style torch if u cant see what your looking for with this torch chances are your far enough away from danger

u might get pulled up by maritime or water police and if they ask to see a torch they are pretty set on u having a floating dolphin torch, ive been pulled up a couple times in the last year over the torch issue, copped a warning too for not having the right torch

Edited by gazza

I use led spotlights on the boat and love them, you can see better with them compared to halogen etc, i've also gotten rid of all my spotlights on my 4wd and replaced them with led light bars, would never go back.

What brand of spot lights are u using CJ

these are the spotlights that the coppers requested on all their new noosacats built

they from the US can get them here pretty cheap tho

I have the GOlight HID Stryker model that much better than halogen with no bulb to blow and beam reaches 1.5 km!

There plenty LED models also and most remote controled

http://www.golight.com/products/stryker_hid.html

these are the spotlights that the coppers requested on all their new noosacats built

they from the US can get them here pretty cheap tho

I have the GOlight HID Stryker model that much better than halogen with no bulb to blow and beam reaches 1.5 km!

There plenty LED models also and most remote controled

http://www.golight.com/products/stryker_hid.html

They look good they would have to draw a few watts though wouldnt they

nup, look at spec sheet only about 12 amp peak on startup then dies back to 6 or something...the HID system much better than halogen..and LED use no power at all but will not have as much reach

I installed myself and the remote joystick very easy sits in dash console