SUSEX INLET SUCCESS

Dredog

Hi Raiders

headed down to Sussex Inlet with my mate Chewy's boat who he kindly lent to me. Found a lovely house on Stayz that reported to have its own boat ramp and jetty. Unfortunately there was no hope in hell of getting the boat down that ramp. MMmm but that night the waterway was alive with prawns, caught a few and went armed with a few poddys, but absolutely nothing. It wasn't till the prawns disappeared that we found success. A local told me that when the prawns are around, the fish gorge themselves on them which makes fishing very difficult. He was right. It wasn't till two days later that the waterway started to produce. My son caught a nice Whitting and my rod buckled with a nice healthy bream to follow.

My father tried his luck with the fly rod, but strong winds made life very difficult. The tide ran out about 2.30 and then we were on. My rod buckled. I was hoping for a nice lizard, but was rewarded with a 40cm plus Trevally that circled the boat 4 times before surrendering in the net. Dad soon found success and he was on. The head shakes were a definite indicator that it was a decent lizard, just over 50cm. the water was extremely clear and sensational. Another bream capped off the day and we were rewarded with a lovely feed. Beer battered fish and chips for dinner. the kids loved it. Commenting that they had never tasted fish like that before. its a beautiful spot. Sea Eagles diving for fish around the boat and rope swings for the kids to swing into the inlet. It had it all.

Dredog

post-22294-0-46046800-1390629769_thumb.jpgpost-22294-0-08867500-1390629860_thumb.jpgpost-22294-0-99727300-1390630659_thumb.jpg