Long Weekend Jewfish trip

Dfishin

Me and my wife both decided we wanted to get away somewhere to do some fishing on the long weekend. My wife being 6 weeks away from the due date of our first baby we had to give outside fishing a miss and the decision was made to spend a couple of days chasing jewies on the clyde.

The fishing was fairly slow during the day with finding only 3 flatties of size around the 45 cm mark.

With enough livies in the tank for the first night we settled in for our first night in our favourite spot. about 1030 the tide changed to our liking and the fish came on the bite, from then until about 1 am we got a decent run of fish managing 2 at 60cm released nice and healthy and 1 just over the new 70cm mark to keep.

Second day ( Aus Day ) we spent anchored up out of the way of the crowds, Catching up on sleep and a quick live bait session in the late arvo. Settled in again for another night in our spot with a change of pace from the night before. The first night we went through prob about 15 livies on the second we were not getting a hit so I called it a night and left the rods in baitrunner and with bells on them. About 5 am this morning we got our first hit of the night, with the fish still running as i got to the rod managed a good hookup and landed 1 more jew just over the 70cm again. Very relaxed weekend with some decent fish.

post-17313-0-07747000-1390819636_thumb.jpg Decent size fish to not be size.

post-17313-0-14741400-1390819780_thumb.jpg Forgot to mention these fellas stealing our livies throughout the night

post-17313-0-88001200-1390819914_thumb.jpgFirst keeper for the first night

post-17313-0-67173900-1390819956_thumb.jpgMy wake up alarm from this morning. another keeper.

mate, thats a great effort. The wife coming along 6wks out is a heroic effort too. She must be a keeper...

HaHa. Yeh she enjoys it too. She wanted to land a jewie this weekend so I was hooking them up and yelling out "come on, get up, you take this one " and her reply was "no you take it, Your the one been putting in the hard work to get them." Then when we got back she helped me clean up every part of the boat and pack everything away. She has done well

I'm Jealous I wish my wife would come fishing with me if not at least help to clean the Boat after a Fishing Trip. Even that she doesn't come Fishing or Clean my Boat . She is still a Keeper :-) . Great effort , Good Report.& Good Luck to Both of You (all 3 of You) with everything in the Future.

Cheers Oziodin

Hi Dave

It was a shame I didn't know you were at the Bay. I went down for a day trip down south with Grant. The conditions were sloppy and uncomfortable with the drift north at time east at others before turning west. We caught only 1 small snapper but collected a much bigger roo on the trip down. I would have gone to see Dave today but my insurance dictates who can do my repairs.

It would have been good to meet and say hello.

Dave

Edited by lags

Gday Dave

yes I did think of letting you know but by the time I thought of it I was just about jumping in the car to leave and just wanted to get down there. Next time I will definitly let you know. Yes the fishing was tough all weekend. I thought it would of been better as conditions were good. Maybe they got scared off by the crowds. Have you still been pulling some nice reds from those secret mark ? ;)

Dave

Edited by Dfishin

We have been getting a few.

Not big numbers yet but snapper on most trips.

Best for numbers is 4 fish one morning with 3 over 7lb and another around 4lb.

We will keep at it and hopefully get among the numbers and bigger fish.

Last trip with only one snapper is the leanest day we have had for a while

We have been dropping some good fish so hopefully it will only be a matter of time.

Dave