Catch Of The Day

clutch

After catching those Sambos last week I was keen to get out for another fish, this time I wanted a fish out of my tinnie but the forecast wouldnt accommodate with easterly swells coming in the gulf and a stiff NEster which was to swing NW at a good 20 knts

Decided to go back over to the same beach on the kaipara

As high tide wasnt till 2pm I wasnt in any hurry to get there, however in hind-sight I not so sure that low tide is such a bad option there.

I finally got ther at 11.30ish after something caught my eye on the way over there :1prop:

I should have just flagged fishing for the day as I had 20 knts blowing in my face all day, but I have commitments tomorrow and really wanted to catch something :biggrin2:

Well.........I did and here it is

I dont know what its called although I've seen one before. I let it go but not before making it promise not to come back to my line :1prop:

I really should have measured it and finally got on the :1fishing1: Record board :074::074:

Anyhow straight after this I cast my line out with one of them sputnik sand sinkers on the end and set the rod and waited..........after 10 minutes or so the line all went slack. I rushed over to the rod and wound it in until I got tension and leaned into it, I had plent of pressure for maybe 2 seconds and then nothin :thumbdown:

Reeled it in to find the line shredded..............apparently plenty of sharks and rays in the Kaiupara

:hitsfan: but I really wouldnt have a clue what it was :wacko:

Anyhow that was my day.....better luck next time

Guest bluecod

Beats working Clutch

That sheep paddock must be close to Town - I can't believe they've got fences that high just to stop the sheep getting out :risata::risata:

Guest Jocool

Hey Grant...He never said he passed them up.....

I finally got ther at 11.30ish after something caught my eye on the way over there :1prop:

63556[/snapback]

Who knows what actually happened after the piccie was taken! :074::074:

Clutch, some people can be so cruel with the sheep jokes. :1badmood:

New Zealand is renouned for its big fish.

I thought the pic was your live bait pen then I realised it was a mail order bride/dating site for New Zealanders living in NSW. :074::074::074:

Sorry I could not help myself, I can understand if the sheep jokes get a bit much..

Shame the day didn’t' produce some better fishing for you and the weather a little more in your favour.

Looking foreword to some more pic's of those snapper, lobsters and monster trout.

On another topic, I was watching Coastwatch on TV and very impressed with the diligence of NEW Zealand fisheries. The show had a section on Fisheries at a boat ramp late night checking on bag limits for snapper (Think it was 9 per angler). Fisheries seem very active and well equipped as well as organised.

Another part of the show was on the Coastguard and again well-equipped and some good-looking craft. They had to rescue a boat with motor trouble and tow it over a bar. Can't remember the name of the place, but they said it averages 9 deaths a year from boats crossing the bar and it the most dangerous in New Zealand

Put us to shame over here re fisheries and what we give our Volunteer Coastguard to work with.

Cheers