Yowie bay boat ramp

port hacking addiction

I used it regularly quite a few years back, and agree with the good comments above

Downsides

Only one lane

Can get busy on the weekend, parking isn't the issue, it's the ignorant people that don't know how to get a boat on and off the trailer, and decide to learn when they have the ramp blocked...............we got queued one day for over an hour with one of these one day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest Aussie007

the gray point ramp is fine those mature aged men who drink there will deter any theifs from breaking into your car they sit there as a group from late afternoon onwards most of the time they've been doing it for years, they can get a little loud but ive never seen them dump rubbish or fighting and carrying on

parking does fill up on weekends at 9:30am in summer you'll find your self parking up near the shops but its a great ramp for small boats the beach is shallow so u can walk your boat around other parked boats to beach it without going waist deep only bad thing is if your on the inside lane on a run in tide the tide can take a small boat under the wharf ramp and crack your windscreen as it happen to me

its my choice of ramp when i go to the port hacking

the gray point ramp is fine those mature aged men who drink there will deter any theifs from breaking into your car they sit there as a group from late afternoon onwards most of the time they've been doing it for years, they can get a little loud but ive never seen them dump rubbish or fighting and carrying on

parking does fill up on weekends at 9:30am in summer you'll find your self parking up near the shops but its a great ramp for small boats the beach is shallow so u can walk your boat around other parked boats to beach it without going waist deep only bad thing is if your on the inside lane on a run in tide the tide can take a small boat under the wharf ramp and crack your windscreen as it happen to me

its my choice of ramp when i go to the port hacking

Geez Gazza I didn't think I was mature age

"Ramp Jockeys" are the curse of the fishing fraternity.

Some of them even abuse you if you try to offer some good advice, but I will continue to do so as otherwise they will never learn.

So if you see someone trying to punch me out for daring to state the obvious "You are not doing that right mate, let me help you" please come to my aid, not as young as I once was otherwise I would sort it myself. Ha Ha!

Cheers

Paikea

• 3 weeks later...

Grays Point - Trailer Theft. 2013 /2014

Always use Grays Point, easy launch , easy retrieve. A little busy on a good weather day.

On a disappointing note though, prior to xmas had my 6 metre trailer attached to the rear of the 4wd. On return, it was obvious due to the damage to the trailer hitch lock, that serious attempts were made to remove it and steal the trailer. They didn't succeed thankfully. Car park was about half full on the day - plenty of choice !

If this happens to you, report it to the Police and get an event number from them. By getting an event number, you are assured the attempted theft is on the database and when these stats start trending up for a given area, you get police attention down there by way of regular patrols.

Keep an eye out when your down there on others trailers too. See anything suspicious, call the police, don't give these grubs the benefit of the doubt. Let the Cops do that.

For the record, the anti theft device was a standard steel over the hitch type with padlock. It was twisted, mangled and didn't look pretty, but it held its ground and worked fine.