Wednesday landbased with the gf (pittwater?)

Witha

G'day raiders! So my usual Wednesday yak session has been superceded by the girlfriend and I having a day off that actually coincides for once. And she wants to go fishing! :D now the tricky part, take her somewhere scenic that still has the chance of fish....was thinking pittwater as there's a varoety of styles, going for the whole day so was going to bring beach and estuary gear and try a few spots hopefully, from what I've scrounged from search function is bayview reserve pretty friendly? Does newport wharf produce/get packed out and hassled? I've paddled palm beach before and seen not much but baby snapper, is that generally it or can we get into something a bit more substantial? A million questions and open to any suggestions/ techniques or feedback (the desperate cry of a boyfriend trying to avoid a doughnut that might put her off :P)

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mate I asked about Bayview last week and got no replies but it looks fishy, especially the drop off at the end of the sand bar.

Have you thought of Narrabeen Lake. Fresh worms at narrabeen bait and tackle. A good place to start is next to the caravan park boat ramp. Then there is the beach, fishing the deeper gutters for bream whiting and flathead. A swim is always an option there.

Yeah checked it on maps and looked pretty good, might give it a ago. Done narrabeen many times, was hoping to mix it up a bit haha, seems a little overfished :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi mate bay view does have a nice drop and you can cast amongst some moored boats from the shore so you should be able to pick something up.. I'm usually out on a boat on pittwater but you can't beat it for water cleanliness and clarity I love it! As for the back of palm there's a good weed bed so if you don't get hooked on the weed you could maybe pick up some bream or a pike or maybe some squid..the water is quite shallow however.. On the surf side of palm I've caught a 60cm salmon casting a 2inch plastic prawn on a 1/4 ounce jig head 8lb braid and 7ft 2-4kg rod whilst walking up and down the beach.. Have fun!