Culburra/Crookhaven next weekend

jasoncrd

Hi,

I'm heading down to Culburra next weekend for a few days. I've never been there before and wanted to know if anyone knew what I could expect to catch off the beach or in the Crookhaven (landbased) around this time of the year. And if anyone could give me some pointers on parts of the beach to fish or any spots close to Culburra to fish in the Crookhaven. I only get to go beach fishing once or twice a year so I will primarily fish off of the beach however if I can't seem to catch anything I will try Crookhaven as well.

Any advice will be appreciated, Thanks.

Jason.

Hi Jason, I fished there around April last year off the beach. Lots of little Tailor around at the time. I only landed a few as I was using bigger hooks. I'm sure there'd be bream and flatties as well around the gutters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the case I wont bother bringing down a bigger beach rod I'll stick to something a bit more reasonable for those fish and just find some gutters that are close to shore. I'll try get some worms and throw them out aswell. Thanks.

There is a great little beach next to the ramp at orient point for pumping yabbies. The jetty there is worth a try for flathead and bream.

Easy land based access to the Crookhaven at Greenwell Pt,