Yamaha 200hp service

njsconst

I have a F200hp Yamaha 4 stroke outboard that will be up for its 100hr service soon. I recently called into the Yamaha dealer who I purchased the boat from to get a price. Well I very nearly fell over. I was quoted $550 in labour and $365 in parts.

Can any raiders out there put my mind at ease as this sounds a bit rich.

I recently had my 135 Mercury serviced, just a simple check but cost in excess of $300.00.

What do they say again? Boat = Bring another thousand" or "a boat is a hole in the water that you pour money into."

Cheers

Paikea

Guest Aussie007

I have a F200hp Yamaha 4 stroke outboard that will be up for its 100hr service soon. I recently called into the Yamaha dealer who I purchased the boat from to get a price. Well I very nearly fell over. I was quoted $550 in labour and $365 in parts.

Can any raiders out there put my mind at ease as this sounds a bit rich.

ask craig he would have done them before, 5.5hours labour seem a little long but than i dont know what is involved in the service, what does your manual say is to be checked and replaced?

Hi, by the "book" that would be what some manufacturers say and some dealers will charge that because you make ALOT of money out of servicing these engines. As for what it really takes I will not go into that here but that is steep is all I will say.

PM me if you want more info.

Cheers,

Huey.