Tying Braid to Flurocarbon

loxo

Albright knot is very reliable for joining braid to mono/fluro

Thx Linc. Doesn't exactly look like the easiest knot to tie? What do you think?

Edited by loxo

Thx Linc. Doesn't exactly look like the easiest knot to tie? What do you think?

Actually once you get the hang of it it is pretty easy, it looks complicated but its just make a loop with the leader, run the braid through the loop, wrap around the leader 5 times then back up 5 times then tag through the loop.... lol sounds complicate as I type it!

Go on you tube and type tying braid to mono and the very first video is a good knot not sure what its called but he ties a surgeon loop with the braid then wraps it 9 to 10 times around the mono and then puts the mono end back through the braid loop it worked for me on a recent weipa trip as I just started using braid and landed a 10 kg black Jew

Double uni knot for simple braid to fluorocarbon

Couldn't agree more. Easy to tie, even with my 4 eyes in low light. Low profile, so it passes through the guides easily. None of my double unis have ever failed or slipped, so I can trim the tag ends almost neat as a result. The single uni is my choice for swivels, if and when i use them, hooks and some lures.

For tying lures so that they shimmy and shake as intended, try the non slip mono loop.

Look along the bar at the top of the page, under the Fishraider logo, for the knot link.

Always used the double uni, when you think of how it works it just makes sense. Never had one pop on me under strain etc. Tried albright and had one pop (most likely my error) am about to trie a slim beauty or blood as I've just got a micro guide rod, trying them out for variety/improve my repertoire of knots.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There are only two I use now and for leader up to 30lb I use the FIVE TURN SURGEON LOOP ...awesome and doesn't click through the guides.

For very heavy leader I was shown the GT knot by outdoordan using a bobbin and this knot is the only one I would ever use in leader up to 200lb and is unbeatable by any other knot and once mastered you can be 100% confident your knot will never give way.

A mate showed me that surgeons knot a while back and I loved the way it slipped through the guides. I'll give it another go as I'm having issues on the new rod with guide slap causing foul casts. Up to the test strength wise? Cheers mate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk