Cracking lizards on plastics

Camo1808

Hi guys. I am a very keen angler and have always used baits. I'm only starting to really get into fishing again and starting to use plastics hard and soft. I am based on the central coast.

To start off I am going to try and crack some either decent numbers of lizards or just one or two beauties.

I NEED HELP!! Haha can anyone please give me advice on spots or I know no one wants to give up their secret spots. I can provide my number so can text them to me if need be. Also maybe just an area or waterway to go on the central coast. Also even like tides and changes or moons anything and everything please guys.

Fellow anglers I need your help with anything you can help with.

Cheers

Tuggerah lake has some, though from what I have been told not like it used to. Aim for edges of weed beds or sand drop offs. Bouncing off the bottom seems to give best results but I have also had them snatch them on slow retrieves across channels.

Have a go across the channel at north entrance, there is normal a few about there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy / weedy areas, 1/8-1/4 jighead usually, plastic from 60-150mm generally. Just rip/twitch them off the bottom thumping it back to you :) drop offs and if there are sand flats target the edges where the watet would drain off on an outgoing tide

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah beauty mate. Thanks very much for your advice. I'm not after specific spots but any sort of areas or waterways to fish. I just need that kick start to get my confidence up. Every time I go lure fishing after no bites or even twitches after about 2 hours I change to bait rigs and jut go to bait ;(

Hi guys. I am a very keen angler and have always used baits. I'm only starting to really get into fishing again and starting to use plastics hard and soft. I am based on the central coast.

To start off I am going to try and crack some either decent numbers of lizards or just one or two beauties.

I NEED HELP!! Haha can anyone please give me advice on spots or I know no one wants to give up their secret spots. I can provide my number so can text them to me if need be. Also maybe just an area or waterway to go on the central coast. Also even like tides and changes or moons anything and everything please guys.

Fellow anglers I need your help with anything you can help with.

Cheers

hi camo1808

sorry dont know any spots up there but i can share some techniques and types of plastics for flatties

first i like to use lighter jigheads, mostly 1/8, to 1/16 r my favourite. my favourite plastics r sgwidgey bloodworm wriggler, powerbait, zmans, paddle tails, prawn imatations, etc.

my favourite techniques r a slow lift, 2 small hops , big rip or just what ever makes your type of plastic look natural in the water.

also dont be affraid to use brown plastics like the bloodworm wriggler in dirty water as i have most of my success like that or u could always put a bit of s-factor on.

hope this helps

cheers thefisherman6784

Hi camo

I fish the entrance at least once a week (but not on weekends )

You need to fish 3/8 or 1/2 oz jig heads , the change of tide it doesn't matter run out or run in better on the run in .

To find a spot just follow the most obvious sign( follow the pelicans) where ever they are and if they are feeding make sure you are there

They park under the bridge on a run in tide so just get a spot on the north entrance side channel

Try light brown colours in the gulps in 4inch such as pumpkin seed or nuclear chicken in the day and natural colours in the night .

We normal get between 10 to 15 fish per tide change (4 hours) but that only good for the months of jan till April .

yea i fish the entrance all the time , land based and in the yak . when im land based i walk the sand flats casting plastics and hard bodys .. once a guy said to me down there " hhmmff you wont get flatties on a run in tide " i walked past him 1.5 hour later with 5 ,, just casting in the deep and retrive back into the shallow