Live Bait Nt Style

Sir Battler

That looks like a nice feed!!!!!  :thumbup:

but that is a brushtail possum not a rat you clowns!!!!!! :074:

no wonder you never know what fish you catch paggles!!! :biggrin2:

cheers subynick

64628[/snapback]

:074::074: its a water rat or it could be one of those deep diving possums you CLOWN :074::074:

Guest madsmc

I'm still hoping to get a pic of one of the water rats over on the Stockton Breakwall here in Newcastle to post. They are BIG buggers, and they aren't afraid to stick their heads out during daylight hours. Certainly makes you think twice about having a snooze while bait soaking at night. Wouldn't want to wake up with an eye or ear missing.

madsmc

:1fishing1:

THOSE RATS on the breakwall arent water rats, water rats are australian natives, pretty harmless but known to pinch the odd trout out of your bag.

The big mongrels down on the sea walls are European wharf rats, the ones that used to (and probably still do) carry the fleas that give you bubonic plague. also known as the BLACK DEATH.

Dont mess about with them cos they will go you

Used to see a lot of them when dad and I used to fish the Taronga zoo wharf late at night for bream in the late 70s early 80s, some where well over a foot long in body length

The big mongrels down on the sea walls are European wharf rats, the ones that used to (and probably still do) carry the fleas that give you bubonic plague. also known as the BLACK DEATH.

Dont mess about with them cos they will go you

im never fishing spit bridge wharf again....me and a mate were sitting there fishing once and the whole bag of bait started moving on its own :ranting2: