where to get squid from botany bay

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

hi guys

can someone able to give me some info on where to get squid in botany bay ???

and what size jigs ??

any info would be great thanks

the patches, bonner point, whatts reef the top of yarra bay, almost anywhere there is weed beds there is a chance of squid

jigs sizes just suck it and see

Edited by kikila

Guest stephanb79

I personally find BB terrible for squid when compared to the hacking. Have a look at google earth and find the weedy rocky areas in Yarra, Bare Island, Sutherland Point, Watts Reef and the deeper weedy patches off Towra.

thanks ill have a look im new to boating just got myself a new one im still learning the waters :fishing1:

Squid take in a large amount of oxygen through their skin. The chemical in the ink clogs the skin, meaning they suffocate when in dirty inked water.

Once you add another squid to the bucket, chances are it will have an ink. meaning water change, meaning stirring them up, meaning they will ink again, mean water change, meaning stirring them up..... you get the point.

I have been looking at getting a live bait bucket. Only one I have seen is a collapsible bucket/aerator combo from that camping and fishing chain. Some interesting ones on eBay with inner grated buckets to allow you to pull the lives out while you change water with the outer bucket.

Anyone recommend a model or just get a cheap bucket with a battery aerator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fish off the rocks mainly, so there is normally a natural hole in the rock formation that I store livies in. Need to take a net sometimes though. I had 4 squid in a hole down port botany that was deeper than I thought. Took around 25mins to get them out!