Barometre

paggles

Hi paggles

My understanding in a nut shell is this, When the Barometric pressure rises it causes the fishes with swim bladders to expand and basically that gives them the feeling of having an empty tummy

WARNING

I have been known to be wrong on several occassions. :biggrin2: Russ

Edited by damariboyz

I always thought it was the other way.

The increased high pressure decreases their "tummy's" and makes them fell empty, hence they want to feed. :1prop:

Buggered if I know but this question always seems to pop up and I'm still none the wiser. :(

I don't usually worry about the pressure too much for the simple fact that I just go fishing whenever I can, not when the barometer tells me too. :wacko::biggrin2:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

I don't usually worry about the pressure too much for the simple fact that I just go fishing whenever I can, not when the barometer tells me too.  :wacko:  :biggrin2:

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

64783[/snapback]

mate im the same, if theres a spare couple of hours....a fishing i will go...

im just curious because it may change 'where' i fish...............................

peace

pags

Guest bluecod

Paggles,

A rising barometer does two things.

Firstly, there is general concensus that a lot of fish seem to bite more freely on a rising mercury than on a falling one - there are exceptions of course and you also have to take into account phase of the moon, time of day, tide, wind conditions cloud cover, bait and/or lure selection, clarity of water and water temperature etc etc.

Secondly, a rising barometer places more pressure on your eyeball thus reducing a stigmatism and allows you to tie better knots :1yikes::tease:

In truth, if you only ever fished when conditions were perfect - you'd spend time down at the fishmarkets.

:074::074::074:

Paggles,

A rising barometer does two things.

Firstly, there is general concensus that a lot of fish seem to bite more freely on a rising mercury than on a falling one - there are exceptions of course and you also have to take into account phase of the moon, time of day, tide, wind conditions cloud cover, bait and/or lure selection, clarity of water and water temperature etc etc.

Secondly, a rising barometer places more pressure on your eyeball thus reducing a stigmatism and allows you to tie better knots  :1yikes:  :tease:

In truth, if you only ever fished when conditions were perfect - you'd spend time down at the fishmarkets.

:074:  :074:  :074:

64890[/snapback]

I was gonna say that Bluecod