Structure scan question - HDS touch

The Poacher

Hi Raiders,

Does anyone know if you can run a HDS Structure scan transducer near a regular transducer - ie on the same side of your transom?

You may ask why, but basically, I have an existing sounder I want to leave it on as a back up.

If the consensus is "no" I have a Furuno for sale!

Cheers,

The Poacher

Hi, yes if you fit the LSS-2 it will show DI and SI but you will need another transducer to show traditional sonar and then you will get interference with the existing transducer, not only probable not having the room to correctly mount three transducers. The Touch screen are very good units and very well priced at present with the free SS and 2D tranny's.

Cheers,

Huey.

There is a DVD call " DOCTOR SONAR HDS " very highly recommended there is two DVD it take you thru installation to how to use it all the different uses step by step , a must have . yes it's $60 but well worth it . tell you the do & don't and explain why & why not.

Cheers Oziodin :fishing1:

Huey, I got the structure scan HD scimmer. It's about 15cm long. Are you saying I need a traditional transducer as well? Or is it better to connect it to the air max one I have on my furuno

Appreciate the help as I am a bit lost.

The poacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

ive had the hds7 touch since it came out (mate worked for lowrance ) :banana: youll need the 2 tranducers ie the 50/200 and the structure scan tranducer i run both off the one side with the larger on the inside , my hull has 2 steps in it (SVDH) so plenty of room .but they are awesome after u get yr setup right . i also run my etec cable,memory module, as well seperate power supply for backbone.