Flathead Flicking

diodog9907

Hey guys,

after much success catching good flathead on plastics recently up the coast, I've decided to find a few good spots accessible by public transport in the hopes of finding a good flathead, however i haven't been having much luck with that. Has anyone got any good land based flathead flicking spots in sydney?

Thanks in advance,

DIOdog

I'm mostly in it for fun and from west of the harbour bridge the fish are not safe to eat but I work in glebe and get bream, flatties, tailor and even some whiting on SP's along the glebe shore line. High tide, at night is good as there is big lights along the shore that enter the water (Stand in the shadows and cast into the light) ill upload a map/last nights bigger fish (got 6-5 bream and 3 flatties in 2 hours) lures are in the shots (gulp crabbies and also used Z-man grubs)

Hope you have luck,

Pat

I'm mostly in it for fun and from west of the harbour bridge the fish are not safe to eat but I work in glebe and get bream, flatties, tailor and even some whiting on SP's  along the glebe shore line. High tide, at night is good as there is big lights along the shore that enter the water (Stand in the shadows and cast into the light) ill upload a map/last nights bigger fish (got 6-5 bream and 3 flatties in 2 hours) lures are in the shots (gulp crabbies and also used Z-man grubs)

Hope you have luck,

Pat

+1 on glebe. Rozelle bay is my closest harbour spot. Great spot easy to fish just wander along the park flicking. Had some nice bream and big flatties out of there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Anywhere East of the Harbour bridge for eating, Middle harbour (where the spit is) has good reports online I've caught a few small snapper there from my yak on zman grubz. Northern side of Roseville bridge can be accessed easily and shore is easy to walk, but there is a $7 park access fee (I've mostly caught bream/pinkies from the yak here but there are plenty of bait fish so I'm sure there is some big flatties).

If you're looking for a feed then from strathfield most likely eastern harbour or down to the hacking, plenty of land based spots in the hacking that should produce and it's a much cleaner waterway :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'll second Roseville- you can get a bus from Wynyard (think it's the 270 or 271), then walk down from the stop past the bridge and it takes about 10-15 minutes downhill. If you're lucky and it's quiet the driver will let you off immediately after the bridge. I've yet to catch anything big enough to eat there, but there are plenty of fish about and it's beautiful on a quiet sunny day.

I'm not too far from you (Petersham) and my closest place for a fish is Iron Cove, but definitely don't eat anything from there!

I had a go there a while back. Where the rocks start at the south end of the beach I was getting choppers and some bream. There seemed to be a reef just off in front of the rocks where I was getting good hits. Not sure about flatties but the sand and weed there looks the goods for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk