Sydney beach tour

SgtBundy

Had the afternoon available for myself to go fishing and so took the opportunity. Decided to avoid bait and had some new squidgys to try out. Picked a new place to try out and headed out to Castle Rock beach.

On arrival I was not so sure, the wind was coming straight onto the beach and the wind and waves carried across the water so it was pretty messy. Tried out the bloodworm wriglers and on the 3rd cast I was on.... To the smallest flathead I have ever seen.

y6amene3.jpg

No further action so I looked for somewhere north facing to get out of the wind. I headed over to 40 baskets beach to have a go there. Hooked up on possibly a decent bream but dropped it when I got distracted by a wave stealing my bucket. Tried various vibes, SPs and hard bodies but no luck. Also if someone finds a leather man out there I would like it back.

By that time it was 4pm and figured I would give one of the surf beaches a go. I headed up to Narrabeen but the tackle shop was closed so I decided to continue my baitless run and headed to North Narrabeen. The lagoon entrance looked ok so I tried some lures across the run out but no hits.

Switched to my surf rod and put a shimano waxwing on it I got for my birthday. Started casting across the wash out in front of the lagoon entrance and after about 4 minutes hooked up on a 53cm salmon.

4edyza6a.jpg

Tried a while longer with the lure but no further action. I took some fillets off the salmon hoping to tempt a jewfish but the weather turned it up and switched to a stiff easterly which made casting a challenge. The surf looked promising but it was just plain nasty out, dark and some lightening off the coast, plus I had to get home for dinner. I offered the salmon carcass to some other guys who were out but they were happy with their livies, so I just hurled it out for them as some burley. Took the fillets home to try later.

Happy to finally get a hook up after a dry spell and get my first salmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sambo came up alright for lunch as well - prepped by removing all the blood flesh and pan fried with some spiced up flour.

The flattie was good for a laugh, he would have doubled in size if he swallowed a bait that size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk