Best mono to mono knot

rockfisherman

Why would you tie mono to mono with any sort of knot because the weakest part will be the knot

Spooled the alvey with hi vis because it's getting extremely difficult for me to see my line in overcast or low light conditions (whilst fishing for pigs) . So I ran the main line down to a small ring with with about a metre of leader and found that I wasn't getting so much action, so I wanted to run 2m+ of leader joined with a knot...

Yes? No?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you tie mono to mono with any sort of knot because the weakest part will be the knot

Another reason I would do it Stewy is in case I got snagged... As you say the knot is the weakest point so the knot would snap instead of snapping up near my spool losing however much line I happen to have out at the time.

Hi raiders

Personally I found the Albright knot to be strong and slim, but wanted to know what other knots raiders prefer

Harry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the full blood knot for mono to mono. 3 turns each side only!

I use the knot when I fish for baits unweighted. I tie a 4lb leader onto the mono main line which is larger.

I think we are explaining the same knot only 4 turns works for you and I like 3 each side.

Sounds like it.

I find that tying a loop knot to connect lures causes me all sorts of grief, don't know why but I have real problems in holding the knot whilst I feed the tag end over and under. The illustrated books on tying knots make it look so easy.

And no, I do not have problems with any other knots including snooding spade type hooks which are difficult for a lot of fishos. Got me beat!

Cheers

Paikea

Cheers

Paikea

The double blood knot and the double uni knot are different. Both easy to tie and I haven't had any issues with either of them when joining mono to mono - usually a heavier or lighter trace than the main line. Have a look at these links to see the difference.

Blood knot http://www.animatedknots.com/bloodknot/index.php?LogoImage=L

Uni knot http://www.proknot.com/html/double_uni.html