I have a Week Holiday Between Monday 7/7 - Friday 11/7 and Want to Go Fishing Any Ideas?

Brooker435

Good Evening Raiders,

I used to go Fishing alot but due to family & Work committments, I find next to no time to do anything anymore.

Anyway heres my situation, My Wifes Sister has decided to visit Sydney with her Husband from South Korea.

One of the things my Brother-In Law and I have spoken about several times is fishing and boy is he looking forward to it :banana:

Unfortunately as I dont fish that much anymore I have kind of lost touch, dont get me wrong I still enjoy it but as my Brother-In Law is only here for a short time I want to get him onto somthing if I can.

Theres a good chance that we will do landbased fishing, but I am looking into boat hire options in Sydney & surrounding estauries.

If anyone has any ideas please share them, We will greatly appreciate it.

I am not too confident on hiring a boat and going out because I have not been out on a boat for quite some time.

Landbased is probably going to be our best bet but I am open to anything.

Regards,

Nathan

Thanks for your reply, I have several different setups ranging from light spin through to beach fishing I have light tackle ranging from 6 pound right up to 30lb. Since my brother in law does not fish much I'll probably stay away from rock fishing and lure fishing.

Regards,

Nathan

I'd suggest targeting Tailor with lures or pilchards as they are pretty easy to catch for anyone who does not fish often.

Areas in Sydney i'd suggest would be

RUSHCUTTERS/DOUBLE BAYS - Pelagics, everyday table fish and Jews

BRADLEYS HEAD - Tailors, Salmon, Luderick and Bream

VAUCLUSE AREA - Parsley Bay jetty for John Dory, can't go wrong with a dory.

CLARKES POINT - Good spot for a relaxing day out with the family.

Areas near Liverpool would be

CHIPPING NORTON LAKE - Plenty of topics on this place so search for it.

GEORGES RIVER - Once again alot of topics.

If you are really wanting to get him onto fish find a bridge in an estuary that is lit up at night. Grab some whitebait put it under a float with a long shank hook threaded through the eye and midway down it's body and drop the rig off the bridge. It'll get smashed by the undersized tailor that usually hang in this location and who knows, a Lazy Jew might take a swig at it also.

Thanks for Replying,

Ill take note of your suggestions, thanks for sharing them with me too, much appreciated.

I have been thinking of a Jewie bash but it will all depend on how keen my Brother in Law is cause its getting pretty cold now :frozen:

I will put up a post next week and hopefully with photos of anything we catch.

Regards,

Nathan

Hi Raiders,

I decided to give greenwich sailing club a go today for a few hours we fished rising tide up to high tide.

We had a couple of bites but nothing caught. I will try and talk my brother in law into a night fish.

Hopefully I can get him onto something this week but I dont feel confident perhaps ill concentrate on taking him sightseeing lol..

Regards,

Nathan