Sydney Harbour.......who Am I Kidding!

Guest Jocool

With the OK given by the home tribe, and a keen as mustard Mark in tow, we took of for Sydney Harbour to brave the drizzle and try and have some fun. :biggrin2:

Who was I kidding? Poke out of the Harbour and headed south toward Bondi as that had been the last known location of Sambo's schooling. Trolled part of the way down there, but needed to be a fair way of my preffered route as the back wash of the cliffs was fairly hectic. We were in good spirits and weren't letting the light drizzle worry us too much! :thumbup:

Got to Bondi and pulled the lines in as we watched a couple of different pods of dolphins playing about the boat and scaring the bejeezus out of me when one surfaced right next to me as I was looking down into the water. :074: With the dolphins around we figured we wouldn't get any fish anyway, so we just mooched around a bit enjoying a view of Bondi Beach from a boat that me and Mark had never gotten before.

Met up with Jewel and Fishrunner, and had a bit of a nag, and we noticed that the sounders were blacking out with schools of fish at about 12 meters whilst we were in 18-20 meters of water. So we let our lures drop deep and jigged. Mark hooked up to an unknown that was a dead weight, but ended up spitting the hook.

I saw the boys on the other boat hook up...a pike ??? not sure what it was but it was thrown back. I also had a small run on a Sgt. Baker that was liberated in double time.

Made the decision to head back into the Harbour, but on the way back the rains came down in earnest, and the wind picked up. Horizontal rain is not real conducive to fishing. :074:

Pulled the pin and was back at the ramp at about 9:00 AM.

Incidently, Jewel has offered the services of one of his passangers as a scape goat! He is the ABSOLUTE reason none of us caught any fish! :074:

Tried to do a shifty and sneek back into bed and score a Brekky in bed as I expected the family to come home from mass soon after I got home. But I was not cunning enough! They had gone out for the day. :wacko::074:

Hope other Raiders did better than us. :thumbup:

Edited by Jocool

Guest bluecod

Good One Joe :thumbup:

Hot breakfast in bed and a chance of :action-smiley-031: traded for horizontal rain and Mark [no offence Mark]. :05:

Full marks for trying, anyway :biggrin2:

Good One Joe  :thumbup:

Hot breakfast in bed and a chance of  :action-smiley-031: traded for horizontal rain and Mark [no offence Mark].  :05:

Full marks for trying, anyway  :biggrin2:

65286[/snapback]

None taken George :074::074:

Thanks for another great day out Joe, always a good laugh, rain or shine fish or no fish!

Guest fishrunner

Good to see you out there guys,

makes me feel like we weren't the only crazy desperate fisho's :074: .

Maybe the plan will come together next time.

cheers