Had all my gear stolen

whitewash

Hey guys went for a fish on Sunday morning and some %%%%% had pried open my garage door and flogged all my gear on Saturday night. only took all my good rods all of my tackle 2 spear guns.

All covered by insurance we took out on Thursday!!!! They will think I'm pulling there leg.

Gonna keep checking all the online points of sale for it and all the pawn shops.

Anyone been in this position?

What's the best course of action?

Cheers

That really stinks.

Thieves can go and rot....

I hope the cops get them.

We should all photograph our gear and mark it somewhere.

The last lot I heard about turned up at cash converters.

Sorry.

Get a police report in if you have not already, you can do it via the police assistance line rather than your local station - your insurance will need it, and if they have descriptions of the gear it can at least help catch it out if they are dumb enough to try and sell it at a cash converters or something.

Hey yeh cheers guys.

Im in Cronulla and the cost came too $3500, had the police come through and they took prints but I'm pretty sure they were mine.

mike2153 nah mate it was 2x stradic 3000, and a sustain 4000. 4 shimano raider rods ranging from 1-4 kg to 4-8kg.

god help them if i see them with my gear when I'm fishing next.

Guest no one

Keep an eye out on Gumtree and Ebay over the next 2 weeks... Also if you can see if there are any garage sales in the area. It will be someone local who stole it but whether they shift it locally is another story.

Go easy on the guy if you see someone using your gear... odds on he bought it off them!

other than that... Wasn't this guy was it? I hear he needs a bit of money these days

attachicon.gifpl.jpg

Hi Tef1on. You really know how to kick a bloke when he is down,you want to hope he is not a Raider and see's this. Good Luck.

Guest no one

Its a bit of light hearted humor to try and ease the pain of being robbed. Sorry if it offended anyone but it was meant as a joke. People seriously need to loosen up if anyone took it any other way.

I know when I've been in the OP's situation (4 times in the last year and a lot more than just some fishing gear) my mates have taken the piss and I've had a laugh about it and they still do. Like the time i was mugged and had an Iphone 5, Tag heuer watch and my wallet stolen, or the 2 times my bank cards have been skimmed and over $5000 stollen from my bank, and that time my credit card was taken out of my mail box and maxed out in 2 days... There are so many bad people around who dont think twice about ruining peoples lives... the only way you get through situations like this is with support & humor!

Mate sorry to hear about that. The scum should be hung out to dry. It's a good point to mark alk your gear and photograph it. Happened to a mate a while back and it turned up in cash traders but the cops could do anything cos he could prove it was his. I would be devastated if it happened to me. I hope the insurance company comes through for you.

Guest no one

You can have your details laser engraved into the reel seat and reel foot, I saw it on a fishing website some years ago.

Good idea... Certainly on the more expensive pieces! Its a shame people have to resort to tagging their own gear... reminds me of labels on clothes at primary school!

Yeh its all good guys, it was all meant in good humour.

Yeh I bought me an engraver on the net the other day and when the insurance comes through I will be going nuts with it.

and the local tackle store will love me!!!!!!

It will be like christmas in July

Yeh its all good guys, it was all meant in good humour.

Yeh I bought me an engraver on the net the other day and when the insurance comes through I will be going nuts with it.

and the local tackle store will love me!!!!!!

It will be like christmas in July

Well mate, its good to see that you can see the positive side.

Last time I had some gear stolen the insurance company just gave a credit to my fishing tackle shop and I went to town!

I had lots of gear stolen but much of it was duplicated so I carefully selected a more suitable and versatile range of gear.

The only downside was that amongst the gear was a 6 inch Alvey sidecast with a cedar spool that my old man gave me when I was about 9 years old.

That stuff can't be replaced. Every time I used it I would remember the day he gave it to me and the first fish I caught on it (tailor off Wanda beach).

Good luck with the shopping!