Lowrance Elite 7 HDI

Billy2014

Hi Guys,

I realise this may have been done to death already but I was wondering if there is someone who has a bit of experience with the Elite 7 HDI and bouncing off the bottom at Browns? I have one with the 50/200 khz transducer but haven't tried Browns with the 50khz yet. A mate of mine is in the market for a new unit so he is tossing up between the Elite 7 HDI CHIRP or the HDS 7 Gen 2

Cheers,

Bill.

I dont think the standard 50khz is going to get the bottom at browns, as for the chirp mine is only 300w (baby chirp) not had it in deep water as yet but I dont expect it to do bottom of browns but if he was to go a 600w or higher in the right frequency it should work, best to email airmar for there advise on Chirp

Brett

Thanks for the reply Brett. Lowrance state that elite 7 hdi CHIRP has a depth capability of 914m using the 50khz transducer but I guess this needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Cheers,

Bill.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_243 using Tapatalk

After a bit of mucking around, We now have confirmation by lowrance that the elite 7 chirp with the 50khz transducer will manage 700m in a good sea without issue and still show up some detail. Should be good enough for browns. Thought Id close this one out, nothing worse than unconfirmed posts, just in case someone else asked the same question in the future!

Cheers,

Bill.

Edited by Billy2014