God help us all

Fab1

Hi guys,

Driving to work this arvo I pulled up alongside a tradies work ute at a red light that was towing a enclosed trailer.

I had the pleasure of watching this imbecille swerve all over the place trying to keep his rig in his lane for atleast 3kays prior to stopping beside him at the light.

While I was following him trying to catch up to grab his attention, I noticed his left rear tyre was almost flat with barely any tread.

As I came up along side him, I looked at his hitch that to my amazement was attached by only 1 safety chain secured with a black cable tie and the other safety chain disconnected and dragging on the road.

To make things worse the idiot had the trailers backing lever engaged which meant he had no brakes.

Any way when I got along side him I grabbed his attention and told him what I'd seen and if he would pull over before he kills himself or someone else I would pump his tyre up and give him two rated shackles and he'd be on his way.

You know what this morons responce was?

xxxx that, I haven't got time for that xxxx.

Then the light turned green and he took off swerving all over the place again.

As the title says, God help us if this is the sort if brain dead idiots on our roads.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

Should have reported it. Also, do we need to have 2 safety chains connected when towing a trailer? I've just been using the 1 safety chain when towing my tinny...

The 1 safety chain connected to bow shackle and trailer post, and the 1 chain connected between trailer hitch and ball. Is the spare circle on the tow bar for another safety chain to connect to the trailer and car?

Edited by Ojay Samson

Only need one chain.

The braking lever doesn't have to be up when driving I drive my trailers with no trailer brakes as I believe it's not necessary under my application.

Standard car tyres always look flat when driving under load on a trailer not the safest thing but legal

2 chains are only needed on heavier trailers, my mini excavator trailer has a gvm of 3ooo kg and by law the 2 safety chains must be crisscrossed the idea being that if the trailer was to come of the towball the chains could cradle the trailer.

2 chains are only needed on heavier trailers, my mini excavator trailer has a gvm of 3ooo kg and by law the 2 safety chains must be crisscrossed the idea being that if the trailer was to come of the towball the chains could cradle the trailer.

Only need one chain.

The braking lever doesn't have to be up when driving I drive my trailers with no trailer brakes as I believe it's not necessary under my application.

Standard car tyres always look flat when driving under load on a trailer not the safest thing but legal

thanks for clearing that up fellas, cheers.

Only need one chain.

And so it's ok to fasten the one chain with a cable tie?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Only need one chain.If the trailer weighs less than 2500kg when fully laden.

The braking lever doesn't have to be up when driving I drive my trailers with no trailer brakes as I believe it's not necessary under my application.Good luck explaining that to your insurance company and the police when you injure or kill someone after a accident because"you believe it's not necessary under your application" to have trailer brakes.

My advice is USE all safety attachments that are fitted to your trailer and car.

They were infact LT tyres, not passenger car tyres.

And yes,I got this twits rego and reported him to the police hopefully before he kills some innocent by stander.

They were infact LT tyres, not passenger car tyres.

And yes,I got this twits rego and reported him to the police hopefully before he kills some innocent by stander.

Well done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

Scary!

To think that there are idiots like that on our roads but unfortunately we see examples of dangerous rigs and dangerous driving all the time.

Even more scary when you are on a freeway safely driving a sound rig at 100K when one of those rigs passes you doing 20 k more and swaying or going from one side of his lane to the other,..

Cheers

Paikea