Are the Salmon's near or in Sydney Harmour?

cameldownunder

Looking at weather condition, I am tempted to chase some salmons this Sunday morning.

Are they in close or inside at the moment, or do I have to poke out far?

Thanks for the Info.

I didn't go out last week but before that they were in the in the harbour but mostly down deep rather than on the surface.

i was at goat island on Tuesday seeing lots of surface action with gulls flocking over school of baitfish being worked by larger fish breaking the surface, they were darting back and forth along the pylons as i could see the school on the fish finder..tried to get in on the action chasing them back and forth in the tinny to no avail..they werent interested in my 5g gold halco twisty it seemed...
only bit of action i saw all day on the harbour... disappointing to say the least. they disappeared jsut as fast as they appeared for me :(

i was at goat island on Tuesday seeing lots of surface action with gulls flocking over school of baitfish being worked by larger fish breaking the surface, they were darting back and forth along the pylons as i could see the school on the fish finder..tried to get in on the action chasing them back and forth in the tinny to no avail..they werent interested in my 5g gold halco twisty it seemed...

only bit of action i saw all day on the harbour... disappointing to say the least. they disappeared jsut as fast as they appeared for me :(

thats exactly what I saw I used to fish with metals for years until this guy who was fishing next to me who was catching salmon after salmon handed me a pack of power bait 3inch minnows with some 1/16th jig heads he said use this I tied it on a cast into the bust up twitch twitch and I was on for the rest of the afternoon I was pulling in fish but before I was fishing with a 5g metal lure for hours at the exact same spot and got nothing

My tip is change to small flick/minnow style plastics and you will see the results

Good luck

Guest no one

thats exactly what I saw I used to fish with metals for years until this guy who was fishing next to me who was catching salmon after salmon handed me a pack of power bait 3inch minnows with some 1/16th jig heads he said use this I tied it on a cast into the bust up twitch twitch and I was on for the rest of the afternoon I was pulling in fish but before I was fishing with a 5g metal lure for hours at the exact same spot and got nothing

My tip is change to small flick/minnow style plastics and you will see the results

Good luck

Match the hatch... I used to fly fish in the uk and sight cast at big trout... if you're not using what their eating then you have little chance!

When I was out on Tuesday the harbour, namely around goat island , I saw the suspected salmon school at around 3pm...

I was thinking about taking the tinny out again tomorrow but from all the reports I'm reading it doesn't seem to fruitful out there. Might need to rethink tomorrow's plan haha

Edited by Ojay Samson

When I was out on Tuesday the harbour, namely around goat island , I saw the suspected salmon school at around 3pm...

I was thinking about taking the tinny out again tomorrow but from all the reports I'm reading it doesn't seem to fruitful out there. Might need to rethink tomorrow's plan haha

that exactly when I saw them the other day

Guest no one

nothing out there today... couldnt find much in the harbour at all today...hard work but got a few good fish!

I'll be targeting them on my kayak tomorrow around the Drummoyne/Gladesville area. Not too confident now. I'm thinking of taking some pillies to increase my chances, would this be a good idea?

saw some surface action around Drummoyne yesterday afternoon

There wasn't any to be found around the heads or middle/north harbours on Saturday. Few trevally and bits and pieces around but no sambos, couldn't even find them on the bottom. Also struggled to get yakkas so didn't get off to a good start

anyone know of what might be the best beaches to hit up this afternoon (29/7/14) to try target a sambo and such?...im planning to head to one to try chucking out some halcos and such and try my luck, from all the reports im reading it doesnt seem worth it taking out the boat atm so a nice beach session chucking metals and such with the gf in tow will suffice...