Gme 600a VHF radio not picking up any signal

jay_stylz

Well guys have recently installed the gme 600a VHF radio with the correct antenna attached Im failing to pick up any signal on it when I hit the scan button it just keeps going through I have tried to this in quite a few different places and really can't understand why it won't pick up anything ? Any help would be great

Using 1.8m VHF gme arial it's mounted on top of the cabin (check photo) all connects are spot on and have checked it in while in middle harbour , port Macquarie , brooklyn , bobbin head on numerous occasions ..... Not sure about the squelch have no idea wat that is

post-10292-0-81461600-1406530806_thumb.jpg

definitely not working if you have tried all them locations, My antenna is a good bit higher then yours but I have heard Sydney from Penrith & boat to boat Ive received Browns from Sydney heads Middle Harbour you should be hearing plenty also around Hawksbury heads I was getting Sydney & port Jackson there yesterday.

options,

I would try borrowing a unit to confirm its nothing else if your borrowed unit works send the radio back or contact GME.

Not sure where they are now but GME used to be around Auburn area when I got my unit (I had problems with nmea 0183)

GME are now out at Huntingwood, and they will not accept a service job, direct in. You would need to go back through a dealer..........there is a couple of us on here.

Where abouts are you located ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You may be struggling to pick anything up out there, though Sydney Marine Rescue on 16 should come in. Ensure your aerial is fully upright, and also that your relatively clear of buildings etc.

If your in a hole you have buckleys.

If the unit is only 6 months old it is well and truly within warranty. You do really need to go back to the point of purchase.

That being said, we are a GME Dealer happy to check for you, and also happy to liaise with GME to return if necessary, though I think it may be more in the fitting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As others have said VHF is line of sight. I'm in Castle Hill so maybe we are ok with your Quakers Hill location. PM me and we can exchange mobile phone details. I have a VHF set up and we can try to co-ordinate a test.

thanks guys its all sorted organised a time with zmk1962 whos in a diffenent area bout 10 or 12 ks away selected the same channel and off it went without any issues good news for me lol but thanks for all the help and support guys cheers