SYDNEY BOAT SHOW

chocolate

Hello, Just like to know if anyone has been to the Sydney boat show , I not going last minute ,But just wanted to know about 2 different locations and what's its like this year. I think and just my opinion I think having 2 different locations might slow things down for the event.

Must admit, I felt a bit negative about the new venue at Glebe Island, however, I really liked it. Plenty of light inside and seriously 5 halls across. By the time you had walked around inside and seen as much as possible, the ferry ride around to Darling Harbour was a nice way to have a break from walking. I guess all up, it took 30 minutes including wait time and loading up. As per normal, at Glebe Island, food is expensive, if you can time it well. eat at Darling Harbour.

Lots to drool over and wish you could afford.

J

Edited by Jocler

Plus one, it's worth the trip, the halls are full, actually full.

There's a free ferry between the two which is great, and also a bus between Glebe island and Central

There is no need to drive in an park.

We took the train to Town Hall, walked down to the Marina, had lunch before the ferry to Glebe Island, a beer at Glebe Island before the bus to Central, very relaxing day

Oh and didn't do it, but I believe you can actually purchase your ticket off the net and print out at home instead of queuing when you get there.

Yes worth the trip

Was there today plenty of boats but no enough tackle and small items most things there were either specialty or only sold one thing I was looking for snapper racks but couldn't find them anywhere I remember last year seeing them. There was only one tackle shop which was very ordinary and only had cheap stuff and not much of a variety I went home with a lot of money in my pocket.

It's still worth going to all the boats are there and it was still a great day out we went to the Huett marine stand but couldn't find Huey he had some nice boats really liked the extreme ones. All the new boats are there and all the new motors and electronics. I would recommend going to anybody

I say to my self it's a boat show not a fishing show but it was still great to see all the new boats and wish I could get one

Cheers sydneyfisher12

You will get a new boat one day, don't worry :D

I quite enjoyed it, must admit I like the new 4 stroke mercs, gauges and remote controls. Look good.

Saw the new Etec, sounds promising, but still not a fan of the outer design. Prefer the current style!

We wanted to buy some tackle and associated stuff but what was available was very limited. Also, I thought the queue and ferry took up too much time. We went Sunday morning and I guess it was 40 minutes getting to gebe island and 30 coming back. The hall is simply huge and it was jam packed with interesting stuff.

Will I go next year? probably not. We will wait until it is all reunited in 2017 (I think). Will go to sanctuary cove next year.

Stay safe