NEED HELP ASAP!

Camo1808

Hey everyone. I have just recently bought myself my first kayak and so I done the logic thing and bought myself a fish finder. Found a lady selling a brand new one never used pretty cheap.

Pounced on the opportunity to buy it so I did. Opened it to start playing around and realised it needed a 12V battery for power.

My question is that is this the case for all fish finders or how else do they power?? Need advice ASAP fellas.

Cheers

You don't need a car size one you can get smaller ones from jaycar or bcf. You may need to buy a deep cycle one as you could be draining the to a low level that a normal battery will not recover.

After every outing I would recharge it with a battery charger. So you have it ready the next time you head out ;)

Hope this helps

I bought it second hand for $100 it has a very similar transducer to my lowrance hds 5 I'm not sure off the exact kHz but I'll have a look and find out for you. I've run it all day long and all you need to carry are some spare AA batteries in case it runs out but I've run it for a whole day fine. It's a black and white but they make a colour I just don't know if it runs off AA's

Great little unit I love it

I'll find out what kHz and get back to you ASAP

cheers sydneyfisher12

Guest no one

Google is a massive help on issues like this.

I found a great article a few months ago on how to fit a finder on a kayak and what sort of battery you should buy. Use Sikaflex to mount the transducer instead of drilling holes in.

Beauty. I've been suggested on getting 100khz or 50 kHz as it produces a wider angle of what it sees underneath. How do you find the 200 sees underwater in regards to like angle of sight that it sees. Also what's the make and model so I can try get one. Cheers

Mate I really appreciate your help. Good to see someone being honest. I was feeling a bit down about this thing being 200 so I might just give it a crack being my first ever one and see how I go. Really appreciate more than you know. Cheers mate

Mate I really appreciate your help. Good to see someone being honest. I was feeling a bit down about this thing being 200 so I might just give it a crack being my first ever one and see how I go. Really appreciate more than you know. Cheers mate

thanks mate I'm always willing to help out a fellow raider

Good luck with your new sounder hope it all turns out good

I run my kayak sounder (Garmin 300c) off a 9800mAh LiIon battery I got from ebay for about $20. Comes with over charge circuit built in and gets me around 8-10 hours on the water. Have it mounted inside a water tight plastic container.
AKFF or KFDU sites will have all the info you need.