threadline jig rods

broke another

have broken 2 t-curves while fishing first one snapped in middle of first guide second in middle of 3rd guide they replaced them but not happy only using 15kg braid on 15-24kg rod and not having spare rod that was it for the day for jigging on both occasions .

have broken 2 t-curves while fishing first one snapped in middle of first guide second in middle of 3rd guide they replaced them but not happy only using 15kg braid on 15-24kg rod and not having spare rod that was it for the day for jigging on both occasions .

I did hear from a charter boat skipper in Lord Howe that if you bang them the little fracture can explode under pressure. Obviously that would be the case more most rods but tcurves are apparently more sensitive. Must be just lucky with mine so far. Probably jinxed it now though...

stop hi-sticking, ive landed 30kg kingfish on a 200g t-curve and monster mesh 220g. both rods are known for snapping when pushed past their limits, point it at the fish and grab the spool, won't break any that way. a jig rod is designed to impart action on the jig not pull the plug out of the ocean. also your "15kg" line is probably breaking well over 24kg, clip your jig to some scales and walk away (point the rod at the scales) until it breaks, this test has surprised me in the past. JM are the goods though you could have 4 t-curves for the same price.

bit hard to high stick when the tips in the water the place I brought it from seemed to think they had a batch of dodgy blanks they had 5 returns have gone with a venom no problems so far power pro does not break much over rated according to Paulus don't have a problem with shimano as gt special is my favourite popper rod