Sydney Harbour - Trevally, Tailor, Bream and the one that got away

Sydneyfisher12

g'day raiders

today i braved the bad weather conditions :badmood: and headed out with the fisherman6784 and my dad

we arrived at drummoyne at 9:00am and it was raining anyway we launched and headed for the main harbour

we got to hmas head and we could see swell hitting the rocks near the sticks marker like a 1m swell on north head the beach with the shark net even had waves breaking on it

we looked at sow and pigs and on the way it was like heading out the heads we arrived to 20kn winds and about a 2m swell hitting the reef it was unfishable

we decided to fish watsons it was still windy there but protected from most of the swell we anchored up and for about 30min caught nothing but a pinky we were thinking it was going to be a fishless day until my dad pulls in and nice 32cm trev and i pull in a nice 35cm tailor we got alot of bite offs from the tailor and then the fisherman6784 landed a nice tailor at 35cm and i pulled a 28cm bream we caught heaps of yakkas and more pinkies and another nice trev 33cm and then right at the back i see a yellow tail almost touching the back of the boat i chucked in some pillie cubes and the kingy smashed it i quickly ripped of my plastic and put a cube on the jig head but it wouldn't touch it i kept trying but it wouldn't touch it then the fisherman6784 gets his 6wt fly rod out with a bream fly on it send it down strip strip strip and he is on it took a run so big he was all the way down to the backing about 10 minutes into the fight we find out this is not the fish we say its much bigger than the rat i saw.

we had a few problems some were 6lb leader, down to backing, haven't gained a cm of line since the first run, a bream hook and being sorounded by boats and moorings that if the wants to it can easily run into and bust us off

anyway we decided to unhook from the buoy and chase the fish the wind was blowing us every where made driving almost impossible we fought and fought this fish and then about 5m from the boat the line goes slack after 30mins of driving in the wind fighting the fish dodging ferrys and water taxis we come up with a pulled hook NOOOOOOO :ranting2::mad3::angry2::1wallbash: i was so angry and so was the fisherman6784 but we did catch most of the fight on my gopro we re anchored and thought of what it could of been i guessing the fish was 70cm+ and not the rat i saw we put a live yakka down and caught about 15 more yakkas at about 2:30pm we decided to downrig watsons and the next bay called parsley bay where we caught the salmon and kingy 2 weeks ago we downrigged over some good marks for about 45mins for nothing

we went to one last spot at hmas and got nothing but sweep

we then headed home through the rain and wind :1badmood: after a great day :D

the boat at the ramp

post-33466-0-50593200-1409388348_thumb.jpg

the total catch

post-33466-0-07214000-1409388432_thumb.jpg

cheers sydneyfisher12 :fishing1:

What a great day except for the kingy

I so wanted him and I believe it would of been a Fishraider record for kingy on fly

Anyway that's fishing but 35mins+ on a fish on a fly rod really hurts the wrists after

Other than that awesome but unfortunate event, it was and awesome day and if it wasn't for Seamus' amazing driving skills, I wouldn't have been on that fish when we came of the buoy after 5 mins

Thanks again for a great day

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ' young guns ' hit it again.

Mate you just keep producing, and in terrible conditions.

I bet thefisherman got the shakes after that effort.

Great teamwork.

Glad you came home with a good feed.

Cheers

Ryder

What a great day except for the kingy

I so wanted him and I believe it would of been a Fishraider record for kingy on fly

Anyway that's fishing but 35mins+ on a fish on a fly rod really hurts the wrists after

Other than that awesome but unfortunate event, it was and awesome day and if it wasn't for Seamus' amazing driving skills, I wouldn't have been on that fish when we came of the buoy after 5 mins

Thanks again for a great day

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate it was great day it makes it more enjoyable when your there. Sorry the fish couldn't be landed but that's fishing

awwww thats harsh about the king mate!

would have been an awesome catch on a 6 weight lol, surprised he didnt find any structure in all that time.

you boys are doing good, keep it up.

thanks mate it would of been an awesome catch I was also amazed it didn't just run into the many structures near by but I've heard with kings the harder you fight the harder they fight and we weren't really putting up any fight

The ' young guns ' hit it again.

Mate you just keep producing, and in terrible conditions.

I bet thefisherman got the shakes after that effort.

Great teamwork.

Glad you came home with a good feed.

Cheers

Ryder

thanks Ryder the fish tasted great

Wow well done boys expecially in this weather !!!!

thanks mate the weather has been a real pain but I fish when ever I get the opportunity

Big effort braving those conditions. Will done guys.

thanks mate the conditions don't keep me from fishing

Good effort in harsh conditions boys.

Pity about the kingy but thats what makes them such an exciting ( and frustrating fish)

Just shows that its the fisherman that get turned off by the weather and and not the fish.

Cheers

thanks fragmeister losing fish just makes us want more. The weather definitely makes most stay home because the ramp only had 3 other trailers at it