WATER IN THE HULL QUESTION

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

Well, that is what warranty is for. Let the dealer sort it out and relax whilst they do it. At least you know the bilge pump works!!!

yep thats right !!!!

Not wrong with the bilge pump heehehehe

Hey guys I took the boat back and they found two problems

1st one was a leak in the live bait pump

2nd one was there was a split in the oring on the bung which I didnt see but when I ok the oring it was really hard so the new oring I out grease around it

so ill take it out on Saturday and lets see what happens

thanks for all your advice appreciate it

That's great news...

Hey and both those possible causes were identified in this post.... just goes to show

how much knowledge there is in the fishraider community.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news mate but if you come up snake-eyes after you test it, refer to Bream's post re the scuppers.

I have the same boat as you and had exactly the same problem. Auto bilge pump coming on, heaps of drainage at the ramp, no obvious signs of leak around the bung plate or engine bolts etc....Turned out to be a foreign object blocking a scupper. Easy fix by removing the outer plate and clearing whatever it is that is blocking the ball from sealing the exit port. According to my dealer it is a very common complaint with this type of scupper used on Stacer boats. Never had a drop come out since....

Guest stephanb79

Good news mate but if you come up snake-eyes after you test it, refer to Bream's post re the scuppers.I have the same boat as you and had exactly the same problem. Auto bilge pump coming on, heaps of drainage at the ramp, no obvious signs of leak around the bung plate or engine bolts etc....Turned out to be a foreign object blocking a scupper. Easy fix by removing the outer plate and clearing whatever it is that is blocking the ball from sealing the exit port. According to my dealer it is a very common complaint with this type of scupper used on Stacer boats. Never had a drop come out since....[/quote

thanks mate will take that on board hopefully ill taje it out thus week end