Sydney Harbour - Tailor, Flounder, Salmon, Bream and Flathead (tue and wed)

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders

me and the fiserman6784 have been fishing for 2 days and heres the report

DAY 1 (tuesday)

we had a plan to go to long reef today and we did

we arrived at drummoyne ramp at 7:30am and headed straight for long reef passed a few bust ups at goat island and one at old mans hat

we arrived at long reef at 8:30am and started fishing i was using a 5inch zman scented jerk shad and gianni was using a micro jig and my dad was using squid strips. all we got was one sargent baker on the jig no snapper or kings we asked alot of the other boats if there was a early bite but they all said no

we got to north head and there was one bust up on the tip of the head but they wouldn't take anything not even a small fly. there was another school at old mans hat gianni was using a small 3 inch single tail minnow made in south africa and he eventually hooked up it was a 51cm salmon we kept this one for a feed i changed to the same plastic and i was on but it was only a 35cm trev

we moved on to sow and pigs but got nothing because it was wind against tide

so we moved to watsons we caught a variety of fish here they are 2 flounder one legal at 27cm (kept the legal one) too many 35cm tailor to count 3 35cm trevs a couple of just under sized bream one 29cm snapper i also got a whiting just under 27cm so he went back and a nice leather jacket which we kept. at the end gianni hooked something big it was a massive octopus when we were getting it off it latched itself to the side of the boat and sat there we had to get it off with paddle.

on the way home we spotted a bust up at goat island gianni put in a cast and hooked up it went 50cm and was gut hooked we tried swimming it alot but it wouldn't revive.

we fished at that same spot i got all those flatties before and got only one small one

DAY 2 (wednesday)

today we had to be back by 12 so we decided to just chase bust ups

we found a good bust up just to the west of cockatoo island we only got one 35cm trev and a 30cm yakka

we moved to north head there was a bust up which only lasted for 5 mins we got 3 trevs all at 30cm we then decided to troll

gianni put out a rapala xrap in red head and i put out a halco red head

we trolled along and soon i was on it was only a pesky sargent baker and then i got a 30cm trev which eyes were bigger than its mouth

we decided to fish watsons again we got more 35-40cm tailor 5 trevs 30-35cm small flounder and a few small bream and snapper and yakkas

when we got home my dad had to go some where so we decided to go to our local canal gianni got a nice 64cm flatty we missed alot of hook ups and pulled alot of hooks gianni finished the day off with a small flatty

canal flatty

post-33466-0-98848900-1411549278_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-41947800-1411549321_thumb.jpg

total catch

post-33466-0-16054300-1411549370_thumb.jpg

cheers sydneyfisher12

It was such a great two days with heaps of quality fish caught and on the light gear makes it so much funner

To end the day on that big canal flattie was amazing

Seamus didn't mention it but that flattie took the lure on the surface!!! Flathead was released

Thanks so much mate it was great

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a great couple of days, and great variety.

The way you guys can change location, technique,and target species is awesome.

You know your stuff.

Bit of drama at Drummoyne around 12.30.

A bloke with his kids etc pulled his boat out, all good.

When he was driving out, he stopped to make a right turn, someone came up behind turning left.

They hit the left rear of the boat and trailer, lights bent and a few apparent scratches on the boat.

But the car came off bad. They had to do more damage to separate themselves from their victim with the boat.

What a great couple of days, and great variety.

The way you guys can change location, technique,and target species is awesome.

You know your stuff.

Bit of drama at Drummoyne around 12.30.

A bloke with his kids etc pulled his boat out, all good.

When he was driving out, he stopped to make a right turn, someone came up behind turning left.

They hit the left rear of the boat and trailer, lights bent and a few apparent scratches on the boat.

But the car came off bad. They had to do more damage to separate themselves from their victim with the boat.

thats no good every body in a rush never ends well. do it properly even if it takes thats extra second