Sydney Harbour - Trevally, Salmon and Flounder

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders

today me and my dad headed out on the harbour

we got to drummoyne at 9:00am and headed off

we spotted a bust up to the west of cockatoo island i landed 1 35cm trevally and that was it for there

next stop was north head there were birds working at old mans hat but it was too rough to even see the fish so we decided to look for kings in middle harbour.

on the way there we spotted a massive bust up spreading from middle head all the way to the head land to the north. we were one of the first boats to fish it. i instantly hooked up but lost it after 5 mins i quickly landed one at 55cm.

by now there were it least 20 boats trolling around they were getting fish but the school just got smaller and smaller i hooked up just before the left but it broke the hook on a big air jump. the fish moved right out to sea and it was too rough to chase them and all the big trolling boats were heading that way so we made our way into middle harbour

we only got one 35cm trevally and a lot of pinkies and then headed for watsons bay.

there were alot of yakkas i got two 32cm trevs and some more just under legal snapper and a 27cm flounder

there was a bust up near where we were fishing so we headed over to have a look they were only small tailor destroying my plastics so we moved on

we spotted another small bust up on the west side of goat island. i must of hooked up ten times they would usually follow the lure right to the boat and then get spoked. we were seeing really good marks on the sounder and i put in a good cast and hooked up. i pulled in a nice 52cm salmon back to the same spot and on again this time a 53cm and to finish off the day with a nice 50cm one in the exact same spot.

it was a great day out chasing those schools of salmon

the lure used was a power bait 3inch minnow in smelt rigged on a 1/8th head and 6lb leader

cheers sydneyfisher12 anurana5.jpgajabe6ag.jpgu9ave6ap.jpg3utanahe.jpgrugynynu.jpgsy8yba8u.jpg

Edited by Sydneyfisher12

Wow great day out mate

Of course when I'm not out

Please tell me it was on the trauma centre

That would have been awesome

What was the swell

Great job Seamus

Sounds like a great day

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the first one was on the trauma centre and the rest on my team daiwa the swell wasn't that big there was just alot of chop from the wind