Johnson deck wash pump problems

oz_brett

Hi Guys

Im having problems with my deck wash pump & was about to replace the motor but after some internet research found its a common problem for there pressure switch to play up so I have done a search for the pressure switch & found that I can replace the switch for around $5 better then 100's for a new pump!

for anyone else with this same problem the link below is where Ive just ordered from.... let you know on here if there's any problems with part or dealer.

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/electus-micro-pressure-switch-p-2672.html

Brett

All good!

switch arrived on Tuesday, I fitted in to the pump on Thursday bench tested & it worked strait away now its ready to go back in the boat on Saturday.

The replacement of the switch was really simple! took about 10 mins.

On the end of the pump theres a flat plastic part with 2 red wires held on by 4 screws - remove screws plastic section comes away from pump motor.

the end with the wires going in slides out (be careful theres a spring loaded part in there you need to take note how it comes apart)

once this all comes apart you will see the 2 wires connected to the switch remove wires (CLEAN ALL PARTS then attach to new switch then put it all back together making sure gasket, spring & metal part that spring sits on are all in place as it goes together.

a lot easier then it sounds & much better then replacing a $300 pump motor

Brett