Life Jackets, old for new

The Incredible Hull

A: All lifejackets offered in the mobile promotional vehicle are available at a discount from around 10% off normal retail. A larger discount available on the new generation special auto-inflate lifejackets purchased through the upgrade program.

The current costs for the special lifejacket, which is an inflatable lifejacket that can also be self serviced, are:
$85 Mobile Vehicle Retail Price (The normal RRP is $119);
$60 Discounted price when a person exchanges an old used lifejacket.

Not bad, I'll probably swap mine over when they come up to the coast.

• 5 months later...

A: All lifejackets offered in the mobile promotional vehicle are available at a discount from around 10% off normal retail. A larger discount available on the new generation special auto-inflate lifejackets purchased through the upgrade program.

The current costs for the special lifejacket, which is an inflatable lifejacket that can also be self serviced, are:

$85 Mobile Vehicle Retail Price (The normal RRP is $119);

$60 Discounted price when a person exchanges an old used lifejacket.

Not bad, I'll probably swap mine over when they come up to the coast.

Paid $120 for TWO Self Inflatable life vest, bringing in 2 of older life vests. I think it's a brilliant offer.

Guest no one

Good initiative, but prices need to be more competitive. I bought mine on offer, $55 each and they're great. Personally I shopped around for a better deal!

The prices on those jackets is a great deal.

Remembering one very important point..

They are AUTO INFLATE

I haven't seen what they are offering, but I presume, and someone that has bought one may like to confirm....that they are 150N which are suitable for offshore rough conditions.

Yes you can save money $5 or so every so often, but make sure you are comparing Apples with Apples.

My safety belief is you want. Auto Inflate and 150N....

If your out the front and it blows up and you deem it is necessary for you and you your crew should don jackets. If someone goes over or the boat tips, and someone hits their head on the way over, sustaining concussion, how are they going to inflate the jacket?

So at $60 on a trade in for an auto inflate, that's a great deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Ian Bat

I think I saw a news article a few months back saying the new life jackets had a pressure gauge so that you can see the canister is charged??? If this is correct does negate the requirement for an Anual check and cartridge change?

I personally haven't seen any with a gauge yet.

And I don't know that it would, fire extinguishers have a gauge on them, but that doesn't negate a shelf life, or in the case of a business premise, a yearly inspection.

The annual inspection is interesting, I haven't seen too much about maritime actually asking to check the inspection date on them. I suspect stage 1 will be to try and get every boat fitted out with them first, and then start an education program that they need to be inspected annually, and the inspection needs to be written on the jacket in the box provided.

They can be self inspected and the kits are available. I have discarded one of my jackets through the first inspection I did.

If you do self inspect, it's also a good time to actually see how they work and have fun with the kids. We threw a friends son overboard with the jackets, then left them inflated for 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally haven't seen any with a gauge yet.

And I don't know that it would, fire extinguishers have a gauge on them, but that doesn't negate a shelf life, or in the case of a business premise, a yearly inspection.

The annual inspection is interesting, I haven't seen too much about maritime actually asking to check the inspection date on them. I suspect stage 1 will be to try and get every boat fitted out with them first, and then start an education program that they need to be inspected annually, and the inspection needs to be written on the jacket in the box provided.

They can be self inspected and the kits are available. I have discarded one of my jackets through the first inspection I did.

If you do self inspect, it's also a good time to actually see how they work and have fun with the kids. We threw a friends son overboard with the jackets, then left them inflated for 24 hours.

Not a bad idea to test them out early, don't want to try and work it out during an emergency!