Sydney area pubs - a bit of fun

snatcher

Just a bit of fun but I wonder which bars the members on here favour ? :drunk:

Been to a few bars in our 4 trips to your fair country. My two favourites are probably Manly Wharf bar and the Opera Bar. Some of my other favourites are - The Glenmore Hotel,Australia Bar (The Rocks),Hero of Waterloo,Diggers Freshwater,Icebergs Bondi.

We are planning our next trip in October 2015 for a 3 month stay. Would be good to meet up with some of you folk in a pub somewhere for a few "sociables" or for a bit fish :sun:

John

If you've got a kid or two with you try Newport Arms Hotel in Newport, great family friendly pub over looking Pittwater. If you want an unreal view head up to the Altitude bar & restaurant on the 36th floor at the Shangri-La Hotel, it overlooks the harbour, bridge etc. pretty pricy but good place to stop and have a cocktail.

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The Oxford Tavern in Petersham/Stanmore is good on a Sunday lunch time- they run a thing called the Black Betty, which is a big food-fired smoker and from it you can get 18-hour cooked beef brisket and pulled pork. It's a carnivore's paradise! They usually have some chilled live blues on too.

Plus for dessert they do either a deep-fried Golden Gaytime or a thing called the Jelly Wrestle- which is loads of ice cream, sauce, lollies and jelly, cept rather than giving you a spoon, they just give you a pair of gloves ;)

Cronulla RSL is also a great place with a brilliant view over Bate Bay.

J

Think I went to that RSL with Paikea off this forum back in 2008. May have been "steak night" on a Monday. If Paikea sees this I am sure he can correct me :sun:

Me and my daughter Amanda outside the Hero of Waterloo

post-34124-0-19318100-1413037680_thumb.jpg

Think this was on the roof of the Glenmore Hotel

post-34124-0-35210400-1413037806_thumb.jpg

Diggers RSL Freshwater on Anzac Day

post-34124-0-82726800-1413038053_thumb.jpg

John

John,

Take a trip over to Balmain / Rozelle. We have 22 pubs in our little suburb that are all within walking distance to each other. It makes for a nice Saturday arvo pub crawl. Most of the pubs have great food available and the beers are priced a lot better than the city / tourist area pubs. Its fairly easy to get around 14 or 15 pubs on a afternoon walk

Cheers

Bob

John,

Take a trip over to Balmain / Rozelle. We have 22 pubs in our little suburb that are all within walking distance to each other. It makes for a nice Saturday arvo pub crawl. Most of the pubs have great food available and the beers are priced a lot better than the city / tourist area pubs. Its fairly easy to get around 14 or 15 pubs on a afternoon walk

Cheers

Bob

That sounds like a plan Bob :drunk:

Skiff Bar at Manly

post-34124-0-17255000-1413153897_thumb.jpg

Sunset at Manly Wharf Bar

post-34124-0-64390400-1413154312_thumb.jpg

John