PITTWATER SUNDAY

Guest stephanb79

Guest stephanb79

HEY GUYS

so ive beeen hearing there a lot of kings around pittwater and i decided to give it ago , so we got to the ramp at 5am and headed out to west head and load up on yakkas , after 10mins the bloodly sweep come up and man i moved over to another spot and again sweep after sweep after sweep :ranting2::ranting2: , so after 45mins we got one yakka so then i got the :mad3: sh..s we went over to barrenjoey heads to look for squid so tried our luck for an 1 hour and come up stumps what am i doing wrong cant understand so afterhaving no luck i went back to west head and try again for yakkas so after again 45mins of trying we finally got 5 in the boat and went down to scottland island and downrigger the barges up and down for about and hour and then went off of the the east side and downrigged the wreck and no luck what a frustrating day!!!!!! still looking to get hold on some kings . seem to me everytime

i go out im coming back we nogthin so its WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG !!!!!

but we still had a great day on the boat so that makes up for no fish i suppose !!!!!!!

and here some picks i got of the wrecks and looks like a car down there aswell ?????

post-30574-0-44266400-1413770327_thumb.jpg

post-30574-0-50210000-1413770360_thumb.jpg

post-30574-0-95145100-1413770408_thumb.jpg

post-30574-0-34858500-1413770438_thumb.jpg

post-30574-0-84118700-1413770489_thumb.jpg

Edited by stephanb79

Hi Stephanb79

I lived in Pittwater for 19yrs and spent many summers chasing timid pitty kings ! Personally I found the wreck off Clareville to hold way more yackas and long nose point and the weed beads between bells and Carrels Wharf on Scotland island better for squid. I got most of my big kings on live yakas or poppers. The western shore between Towlers Bay and the Basin at first light normally sees schools of kings camped out there smashing bait fish. If they are eating micro bait (eyes) drag a tinny fly through the school with the strongest hook you can buy them with. You have to let out heaps of line first then take a wide line past the school so you don't put them down. You could use a fly rod and say goodbye to your knuckles ! 1m king + Fly rod = Never again.

There is a sunken barge out the front of eastern wharf along with assorted junk on the bottom that holds good fish and 2 wrecks in Lovett Bay also strait out from Tennis wharf there is some good angulating ground were they like to sit when the tide is running in.

You could always just go past all these spots and head to east reef bommie where they are generally in plague proportions all be it rats at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Bad luck mate I believe you need squid and that's what everybody else I spoke to who caught kings was using. I was lucky to get 3 but didn't hook up and I was too late to the spot. I was down rigging with about 5 other boats on that sunken barge. Did anybody else get any kings?

I'll be back next week earlier and hopefully I can get some

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk

Guest stephanb79

Bad luck mate I believe you need squid and that's what everybody else I spoke to who caught kings was using. I was lucky to get 3 but didn't hook up and I was too late to the spot. I was down rigging with about 5 other boats on that sunken barge. Did anybody else get any kings?

I'll be back next week earlier and hopefully I can get some

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk

NA NO ONE SPOKE TO A FEW OTHER PEOPLE DIDNT SEE ANYTHING

Guest stephanb79

Hi Stephanb79

I lived in Pittwater for 19yrs and spent many summers chasing timid pitty kings ! Personally I found the wreck off Clareville to hold way more yackas and long nose point and the weed beads between bells and Carrels Wharf on Scotland island better for squid. I got most of my big kings on live yakas or poppers. The western shore between Towlers Bay and the Basin at first light normally sees schools of kings camped out there smashing bait fish. If they are eating micro bait (eyes) drag a tinny fly through the school with the strongest hook you can buy them with. You have to let out heaps of line first then take a wide line past the school so you don't put them down. You could use a fly rod and say goodbye to your knuckles ! 1m king + Fly rod = Never again.

There is a sunken barge out the front of eastern wharf along with assorted junk on the bottom that holds good fish and 2 wrecks in Lovett Bay also strait out from Tennis wharf there is some good angulating ground were they like to sit when the tide is running in.

You could always just go past all these spots and head to east reef bommie where they are generally in plague proportions all be it rats at the moment.

Hope this helps.

wow thanks for that info will try this approach next time I go thank you for that info

Sometimes if the sweep are really bad, I've found it's worth trying putting a bigger sinker on. Sometimes the yakkas hang out below the sweep, and the sinker will get the little hooks and bait down to the yakkas. Sometimes, sometimes not.

Guest stephanb79

Same here a big 0. when I went on Sunday. when Down rigging at scotts with live Squid & Burley heaps only to be chumped up by small Tailors. but a good day on the water is pure Magic.

cheers Oziodin :fishing1:

let me know when you go next to long reef and well give it a go !!!! it was a hard day out there on sunday