Kurnell Luderick & Blackfish

Daveo2160

Guest hawkesbass

Yes you got luderick and a rock blackfish also known as drummer.

Third ones a rock cale/kelpie a throwback only rubbish eating and pest when chasing drummer/luderick

Not a bad little session you had

Edited by hawkesbass

The topic threw me as down in Vic luderick are also called blackfish and black drummer are drummer. Nice catch though and yeah the sea carp (rock cale) tastes just as good as it's freshwater namesake! Yuck!

Nice, I find Rock Cale to be funny sometimes, half of them fight like a stone and the other half puts on good little fight for reasons that I don't know... When you chuck your blackfish back it is the same story whether a Cale invites itself to the party, still gives you a bit of fun!

As per Drummers mind their size, I'm sure that one went back but their legal size of capture is 30 cm

Went out to kurnell for a blackfish off the rocks the other day and got a couple pretty good luderick and a nice little blackfish..not sure what the 3rd one is if anyone could help out with that cheers

The dreaded cockie (rock Cale) they would have to be one of the biggest disappointments after watching your float disapear and then find one on the end of your line, they also have other names if they are around in numbers and several are landed in a row.