Any one out there know what Model this SeaJay is?

Brooker435

Hi raiders,

I have started looking into buying a tinny and this one looks good for what I intend to do.

Planning to take the daughter around the estuaries and maybe the odd Jew Bash with mates.

I had a Haines Hunter V133 previously which was not bad but sat very low and was a very heavy boat to tow.

The only issue is, I am trying to identify the model of it, all I have so far is its a SeaJay 3.7, I have looked on their website and think it may be a Nomad but cant be certain.

If anyone out there thinks they know please let me know.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thornton/tinnies-dinghies/3-7m-seajay-tinny/1060022477

Regards,

Nathan

Guest Aussie007

looks like an old tinny possibly from the 1990's, its not a very deep hull looking at that transom, is it short shaft? i personally would be looking around u can find much better for $3000 possibly forward steer tinnies a little older than this one but longer in length like the quintrex fishabouts which are 4.3m

see if huey has anything used in stock first if nothing check out ebay and gumtree, u need to be quick as this time of the year good deals get sold in an hour of being listed

Thanks, at this point I just want to get a feel for what's out there on the market wont be rushing into anything until I know exactly what I want to buy. As for forward steer my last boat was a forward steer but this time id rather a tiller as there is more space for fishing if you have any other tinnies that you recommend please let me know.

Regards,

Nathan

Guest Aussie007

Nathan if u can find a used AllyCraft tinny great little boats i had a 3.75 or 3.8m something like that 2001 model it had a nice deep V hull for a tinny with long shaft engine, i bought the tinny alone from a shop up north for $1000 i than bought a brand new trailer for $850 than bought a brand new tohatsu 18hp for $2000

for under $4000 it was a great little boat we often went out into open water off port kembla catching king fish and with the tohatsu on it it absolutely flew it was actually scary going full throttle solo but the boat handled magiclly and very reponsive

Hi Nathan

the hull shape looks very much like a seajay nomad

I had a similar boat - the 3.8m version nomad which was heavily modified a while back and it served me well for the bay and estuary.

Due to the size of the boat and height of the gunnels it got very wet at times.. but this did not stop me catching plenty of fish! Has some fantastic memory's fishing off her...

Here is some photos of it:

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=57843&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Hope this helps

Trung

Edited by dhype