Amber Japanese flurocarbon leader reviews

Deschanel

Why is it that when we see 'made in Japan' on fishing tackle and instantly assumes it's got to be good quality? There are shonky, cheapo manufacturers in Japan just like everywhere else. There are also brands made on the cheap in China, Malaysia, Australia and lots of other places that use a Japanese sounding brand names because it makes it sell better but have nothing to do with Japan (did you ever wonder why 'japanese' brand lures are given away free with fishing mags?)

Don't get me wrong. Japan is also the centre of most fishing tackle innovation and the huge number of small, high-end manufacturers have created some amazing gear... I just bought a Palms Molla rod to replace the Berkley Venom that Jewhunter shortened for me... and it's WICKED!

But nickb is spot on... if its too good to be true it probably is. That's not a reason not to buy the leader material... just a caution to set your expectations.

If you get some, let us know how it goes.

Cheers, S

I have used the stuff - purchased 4lb a while back. You get what you pay for essentially. Its a soft leader material with some stretch. It doesn't fall apart in your hands but if you're looking for toughness and abrasion resistance I'd look at leaders like Sunline's FC Rock Bream Special which I also use. I tie that leader on in situations where I don't mind a bit of stretch and don't have much rough structure around fishing soft plastics.

Hope this helps.

Edited by pmak