Botany bay Squid and blue swimmers

motegi

For the last couple if weekends been out botany trying for squid and blue swimmers and have come with zip!
Have previously had some success at yarra bay for the squids but have not caught any for the next few weeks. Any pointers where else we can try around the bay?
Blue swimmers I've got round trap with 4 entry and have tried all sorts of bait! Yellow tail, pilchards and even cans of cat food to no avail...anyone can suggest where else to try? I've tried Yarra bay as well as towra point...

Any help would be appreciated.

Theres blueswimmers in the Bay all year round just very few in the cooler months.

At the moment though they are patchy and your best bet will be Towra and potentially Brighton.

The trap you are using is better suited to muddies. Get yourself four (was five last year) witches hats and some fresh mullet. Spread them about 20-30 feet apart and check them every 30-40 mins and if you havent got any after two checks move them.

Cant help with the squid as i havent had a proper dig for them in the bay for ages

Dave

We caught 2 out at Towra this weekend just gone, they are there... Just need to give the traps time. As for squid, persevere... They are around too.