Kings, kings everywhere!

mike2153

Headed out Friday night from tunks park to collect enough squid for a king session this morning. After having a big day at work yesterday I was pretty tired already so after I got 8 squid I decided to call it a night.

Having a horible sleep on the boat haha got up around 530 and headed out to some kingie grounds, nice love squid straight down and 2 minutes later up comes a rat at 60cm

Another squid down another rat comes up. This basically went on until I decided to strip

Up the baits and not waste a whole

Squid on the rats.

Basically those 8 squid lasted all of an hour then it was onto jigging, first drop bang I'm on, second drop, on again, 3rd drop and again haha.

Ended up with around 25 kings to 65cm all obviously going back to annoy some yakkas or do whatever it is kingfish do. Awsome fun even though not big but consistent.

Back at the ramp by 930 and headed home for some sleep.

Awsome day of sydney kingfish can't beat em!

Cheers guys, no mate it was outside, I never use yakkas unless I'm at the 12 or the peak, everywhere else they are as good as dirty servo squid.

I have just got my tags sent to me by fisheries I just haven't made a tag pole yet! Haha today would have been the perfect day to have the tags with me!

One thing that was a bit annoying was the fact that I hooked a 64cm king and the hook (gami 7/0 live bait) had managed to get him in the head and quite deep to, I was 50/50 at keeping him, now i know 65 is the legal size and as a personal rule I only keep kings over 70 and only one per session if I'm going to eat it that night otherwise they all go back. ( I've actually only kept like 2 kings on my boat)

But it seems such a shame to throw back a fish with a very slim chance of survival he was pretty banged up. Not that I need or I'll starve but for the fishes sake. He went back anyway hopefully he pulls through or makes a meal for a shark or something. Wouldn't it be embarissing being that guy at the ramp who got caught with a rat!