Thoughts on gen black two drunkmonkies

thefisherman6784

Hey guys

Looking at buying a new ultra light rod and reel combo, and already got my reel sorted (pflueger patriarch smallest in range) and decided maybe getting the gen black two drunkmonkies 1-2kg but also already having a gen black, know there quiet a stiff rod so basically my main question is with the lighter rod, lighter line (thinking 2-3lb braid), lighter leader, etc, etc. will it be able to flick a 1/40 hidden weight system a far way

Or any other rod recommended within a price range of about $200 and down

Cheers thefisherman6784

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one and have used gulp crabbies on hidden weights on it but not for any distance more for casting at pontoons and boat hulls It has 3lb powerpro braid and 4lb leader I also use it for throwing little sinking stick baits on 3lb flouro and I can get some distance with them The reel I use on it is a shimano stradic FI 1000 though I do think a 2000 sized daiwa would suit the rod better

I have 2 drunken monkies with shimano sustain 1000, 6lb braid. I'm loving it for bream along rock walls etc with 1/24 oz and a wriggler or something, but I reckon I only get maybe 20m out of it (I'm not the worlds best caster 'tho). Re the chap who busted a rod casting, this rod's rated to 4gm max, so anything much over 1/8oz is asking for trouble.

Enjoy the daiwa

Cheers goanna

I have 2 drunken monkies with shimano sustain 1000, 6lb braid. I'm loving it for bream along rock walls etc with 1/24 oz and a wriggler or something, but I reckon I only get maybe 20m out of it (I'm not the worlds best caster 'tho). Re the chap who busted a rod casting, this rod's rated to 4gm max, so anything much over 1/8oz is asking for trouble.

Enjoy the daiwa

Cheers goanna

Ummm Sorry......Its rated at 2 to 5kg so a 55cm flathead shouldn't have proved much of a challenge for it

• 2 weeks later...

cant go wrong with the drunk money.

i have mine matched to a 1000 symmetre and 4lb. Its a gun rod, can launch micro HB's really far and also has heaps of power. I often pull big carp out of the lake on it. I actually busted the reel on the carp but the rod held up fine lol.