Fin Nor Lethal reels

foulhooked

My penn spinfisher recently fell apart so I have been looking around for a new reel. The fin nor lethals stand out as being really good value for money. I'm interested in the 60 and 80 size as it will match a 7ft 15kg rod. I know the lethal 100 is made with different heavy duty parts compared to the smaller sizes, but the 100 is just too big.

Has anyone had much experience with these reels in the 60 or 80 size? Or can anymore recommend another reel?

The combo is to be used for kings so I'd like roughly 300m of 50lb braid on the reel.

Thanks in advance

The Fin-Nor Lethal range of reels are an excellent reel for the money. They're on special at Dinga at the moment.

For around the same money you could look at a Pflueger Salt II. Another excellent reel. Built like a tank and makes up to 20kg of drag.

If you don't mind a project I just rebuilt a $90 D.A.M Calyber 6500 for a mate. Fitted an new handle, from Jigging World, and re did the drag with carbon fibre from Smoooth Drags and for $150 all up he now has a reel that constantly generates 25kg of drag

The Fin-Nor Lethal range of reels are an excellent reel for the money. They're on special at Dinga at the moment.

For around the same money you could look at a Pflueger Salt II. Another excellent reel. Built like a tank and makes up to 20kg of drag.

If you don't mind a project I just rebuilt a $90 D.A.M Calyber 6500 for a mate. Fitted an new handle, from Jigging World, and re did the drag with carbon fibre from Smoooth Drags and for $150 all up he now has a reel that constantly generates 25kg of drag

Wow, 25 KG of drag, that is awesome!

Cheers

Paikea

I have a Lethal 60 and cant fault it - It has taken some heavy punishment from plenty of heavy items (rarely fish) and stayed solid. I use it for surf and livebaiting so it gets a bit of a battering from sand and wharfs as well and no issues so far.