Lake Lyell

nanman

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a camping trip to lake Lyell in couple of weeks & taking the boat as well.

Just wondering if anyone has fished there recently. I would appreciate some advice on what species to target, type of lures, rigs, outfits etc.

Does anyone know if it's any good for trout? If so what's the best technique? Just wondering if it's worth trying the downrigger.

Would appreciate some advice please. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely trout and down rigging would be great in the warmer months and bass are in there as well

Thanks swordfisherman.

Any suggestions on type of lures & bait to use. Would tassie devils work to downrig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lures with a pink flash like the rainbow trout pattern Tassie Devils can work very well there. If it's a hot day and you have a down-rigger, send a 7 cm Tassie devil down about 3-4 metres and fish as close to the steep banks at the back as you can. They won't be so deep if the water temperature is a bit lower.

a mate showed me a pic of a 450mm bass out of lyle taken last week so they are in there, not sure what lure did the damage, have fished lake st clare for bass in deep water and the best lures are called stuckeys, taylor mades and feral catts