First Blackfish Off The Stones

Ryder

Hi Raiders,

It was a very early start for me this morning. Up at 3am meet up with Royce and Reg at 4.30,

We headed down south to Tabbigai, and arrived just as the sun was peeping over the horizon .

These guys have heaps of experience, so I took all their advice on board. Safety first.

We watched a lower ledge for a while, the swell was low but it was still a bit Iffy, so we started on one of the higher spots.

It was a bit slow, but we managed a fish each. Then the call to move was made by Royce, he had been watching the lower ledge the whole time.

We got the berley going, and the boys started pulling in the fish. I was having just a little trouble casting a fixed float set at 12ft ,but they got me sorted, and I stared getting fish.

For a while it was a down a drift, and usually a fish. We left them biting around 10am.

Thanks guys for a great day out, and all your help and advice.

Ryder

post-33162-0-66534900-1417845569_thumb.jpg

Top result for your first trip to Tabbigai. Did you strike any of the big square mouth ocean blackfish? Did Royce make you hike in on old track behind refinery? How did your Mrs take being woken up at 3.30 am for you to go fishing, this pisses mine off big time. The harbour fired this morning with some quality fish just around corner from where you have been fishing lately. I started at a more leisurely time of 7.30 am and fished till 11.30 am, part of the run up and 2 hours of the run out. I also left them biting, only problem I had was keeping a bait on. I think the colouring of the water with the rain has helped , probably pushed them out of the upper reaches.

Howsy.

Yeh Ron I got a nice rubber lipped square mouth. Long in the body, true ocean fish.

No complaints, Royce took great care of me, getting in and out.

As for the Mrs, i didnt wake her, I woke the cat, which woke her.

She's punished me by bringing home 2 more foster kittens.

I've only a short window tomorrow.