Rip bridge Saturday

gregh1

Well the lovely wife and I headed out to Woy Woy to try our luck and must have caught at least a down pinkies all around the 20 to 25 cm mark and all released! We were hoping that we would eventually catch a legal size snapper but it was not to be!

We eventually headed back to the Rip bridge and anchored in about 15 feet of water off to the side of the bridge. Again we were onto plenty of pinkies, leather jacket and bream all undersized! My better half caught a 32cm tailor and I caught a 37cm flattie that both went down well for dinner.

I was watching a crew a blokes just over from us drifting in a very fast current and they caught a massive jewfish at least 5 kilo and over 80cm. He held it up for me to see it! What a fish!! Not sure what he was using for bait but they looked like they new exactly what they were doing. It inspired me to try doing the same on further fishing sessions.

I am coming home on most occasions now with a feed for me and the wifey. When I first bought the boat I would come home with nothing at all and sometimes not even a story of the one I missed. There is a lot to learn about fishing and experience is something that generally comes with time and lessons learnt.

I might head back out to the Rip bridge soon with some live baits.

Cheers,

Greg

The area you are fishing are much more productive from Oct on so when fishing the cooler months it's a lot slower - have you ventured to the close reefs yet?

Actually I have been thinking about getting out to West Reef. I am fairly new to boating and haven't got a handle on my new gps sounder as yet. I have read the guide and documentation that came with the unit. It's a Lowrance elite 5 chirp. I will keep trying and I am sure I will work it out eventually.

Actually I have been thinking about getting out to West Reef. I am fairly new to boating and haven't got a handle on my new gps sounder as yet. I have read the guide and documentation that came with the unit. It's a Lowrance elite 5 chirp. I will keep trying and I am sure I will work it out eventually.

If you need help let me know. I haven't used that sounder but wouldn't be too hard. Can program some of my spots into it also.

Ive got the same one I think Greg - its pretty strait forward but I would recommend playing around with the sensitivity so you can see the fish better. If you want another boat with you, happy to take mine out too, I fish there often.