Shocking Saturday the 17th, Sydney Harbour Donut..

night_rider

Hi Guys,

Sad to say we came back with a donut...

Got down to Rhodes at 4:50am, stopped at the ramp to put the bungs in... Tick, tick, tick.. The bloody car wouldn't start! NOOO!!!!!

After a few expletives I recovered my cool and jiggled the auto gear stick, stupid inhibiter switch must be on the way out.

Got the car started thankfully and we were on the water and under the harbour bridge by 5:20. Beautiful morning and a glassy like river on the way out.

post-20664-0-85102700-1421707029_thumb.jpg

We arrived at Clifton Gardens and we could see a few little bust ups here and there but it wasn't firing yet.. Good news.

Okay lets setup the rods... Wait... Where the ....... NOOOOO! In all the car not starting drama, we had left the tackle bag in the car!

Zoomed back to the ramp and was back in the harbour in 30/40 minutes. Missed the sunrise but we still had high spirits!

Rods setup in 5 minutes flat and the three of us started flicking poppers at the boils... A few good chases and attemps but not hookups...

This continued for about 3 hours, we followed the school, changed lures, changes retrieval techniques but couldn't get a hit!

We stayed near the white lighthouse marker with a whole squid off the back.. Finally ZZZZZZZzzzzZZZz I more or less threw my lure rod on the boat floor and ran to the rod.

Picked it up to set the hook in my kingie and all I got was slack line.... I'd missed it! To top it off 30 seconds later the boat off to our right hooked up and I watched him catch what looked to be a legal king.

Devestated.

It was 10am and it was time to get back, tail between our legs with no fish!

It was a beautiful morning out on the water, just a shame about the chain of events.

We did meet a lovely older couple on a massive dual engined fishing boat, they were boat using flies and were most friendly. His boat was similar to Dexters from the tv series. So nice.

A days fishing is better than a days work.

Tight lines guys.

Bad luck buddy.

Not sure if you were pushed for time but the Kings have been hanging around for most the day.

Cheers

Jim

Unfortunately we had to head back and pick people up to go wakeboarding.. Would of preferred to hang around and land dinner! We were out last week most of the day and almost lost count of the landed fish. It's a shame.

That's fishing! I think I'll have to invest in some more lures so I can match the bait fish easier...

Sorry to hear about the King, but at least you got to go out.

Cheers,

FishingGuy

This is true!