Middle Harbour

wocka

Hi there ,

just exploring some new fishing grounds and wondering if any one can give some information on Sydney Middle Harbour. Never fished here before . Read some ok reports .

I have a run about tinnie with a 15 on the back.

• 2 weeks later...

Middle harbour is a great place with heaps of different spots to choose from. It's a big area though! Afew thoughts off the top of my head, would try for king fish no further upstream than bantry bay, u might find them further up but not in big numbers. Spots amongst the boat moorings like sea forth bluff, the spit, sugarloaf bay, etc all produce, and there's afew wrecks (and reefs ) in middle harbour too! A down rigger is great to drag a live bait around these areas to locate fish, just don't be annoying and drive too close to other boats! Or just drift around.....

I wouldn't start looking for squid until the spit bridge and further East, u might find them before that but not very regularly. Balmoral is good for bream, flattys, luderick etc......

Each bay in middle harbour usually has a shallow sand bank at the end of it, say Bantry bay sand flat on the high tide is good to look for flattys, plus all the other things that may be there, Bluefin tuna have actually been caught there! Lol

Upper reaches, Roseville bridge onwards, the bridge itself never really did much for me, I'd start at the end of the picnic area and plenty of spots further on, mainly bream, flatty and Jew at the right time of year.

Really same as any new territory, look at google maps, look for structure, shallow spots, drop offs, bait schools, surface activity etc