Jarvis Bay Caravan Park

markfarrell1980

Hi all

I am finally getting a chance to fish JB next weekend, we have a powered site for the weekend so the boat will be taken down and this will be my launch spot as they have there own ramp and jetty. Can anyone give me some pointers for fishing JB, where to go or even any marks anyone has. what fish to target etc etc.

any info will be great.

cheers

Markpost-34446-0-29962300-1422252793_thumb.jpg

I was there the past weekend, water was glass when we launched by the time we got to middle ground wind and swell got up, and got worse, but te sounder was covered by fish through middle ground and long nose point - also another spot called snapper point looked amazing on the sounder - all these spots are on the gps data base on here.

Boat ramp in the caravan park is not very deep I wouldn't recommend using it with larger boat, I used it years ago with a 4.75m tinny even then had to be tide careful.

the main boat ramp is just down the road from the caravan park & its an excellent ramp for all boats.

watch your channel markers in the creek its very shallow off the main channel, Slight bar as you enter the bay from the creek - nothing major just dont be surprised if theres some one on a surf board there .5m max is all ive seen

have a look online for marine parks theres a lot down there!

The shelf is really close so if trolling start trolling early (well before the heads) you wont miss theres plenty to be caught.

if all else fails - just go to drum & drum stix & get king fish as a by catch.