Nords Wharf

hobbitt

So, as I couldn't sleep last Fri night…. 4am Sat, up, cuppa in hand, with a bit of cloud and rain about….. Hhmmm….. Thinking, go back to bed, OR…… Go for a drive down to Nords. Well, looks like I will be wetting a line today :horse::fishing1:

5am, Lake Mq, drizzle, cloudy and calm. Bait up, cast out, a few signs of interest. This is all right eh. Persist and keep trying, all by my little led light torch and failing 50yr old eye sight. lol. Nice hit, big run, and….. BUGGER, dropped it, what ever it was.

Back into it, and I'm on, thank you very much, one healthy fat 30cm whiting. Now it is a bit lighter, and all the boaters are rolling up, I might make a move away from the boat ramp, one more cast out into the lake first. There it is, another whiting, and now it really is time to move.

I jump in the ute, and drove about 1km south of the ramp and secured a little spot away from the people traffic, saw a few crabs in the sea grass, and after a while of ''nothing'' a hit, and a buzz, a nice little bream, returned to fight another day. So in total 1 dropped, 2 whiting and 1 released bream.

Not a bad way to spend a few hours down by the lake. Today I might go to the beach (maybe with a rod ??) :sun:

Edited by hobbitt

The Lake can be a tough spot to fish at times even if you do have a boat and know all the good spots so I think a couple of nice whiting off the bank is a good effort. Those big whiting in the shallows there are so frustrating how they swim right up to your feet and even through your legs but won't touch a nipper or squirt worm.

Same goes for the huge Bream in there, some gurus who fish the Lake consistently pull high 40s-50cm Bream. I think ultra light leaders or straight through 2 or 3lb FC is the key. That's what I'm trying next time I fish there anyway.